Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1 HOUR SWIM THIS JAN?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else out there do the 1HOUR swim in Jan? We do out here in Boston...typical cold weather folks. Anyway, post your results if you do it.
Mine: 5370 (short course yards)

All the best,
daved

http://www.theundergroundcoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: 1 HOUR SWIM THIS JAN? [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A local masters group out here at UCLA has about a 100+ swimmers do that one. I know the Seagull here does it (4805 last year, female), and a few other triathletes also race this one. There was a thread last year on all those that did it. Funny thing though, a coupel of my friends over 40 are the fastest in the country, I think 5800 and 5650......Your swim is pretty tough also, not many in that league. The one that I might do is the one day 1650, 400IM, and 200fly. You race all 3 events in a 24 hour period, and add them up..........
Last edited by: monty: Jan 13, 07 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: 1 HOUR SWIM THIS JAN? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds pretty cool, but much more painful than a 1 Hr swim! Good luck. STers will not accept excuses, and this is not to brag, but I have gone farther in years past. I think 5680 is my best. It would be on the NESWIM website...maybe I will look that up. Anyway, keep us posted if you do it. Should this go under the Jan swim challenge thread? This was not in any attempt to hijack.
All the best,
daved

http://www.theundergroundcoach.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is this 1 hour swim?? (Pardon my ignorance, I just pretend to be a swimmer).
Quote Reply
Re: 1 HOUR SWIM THIS JAN? [mlbdenver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USMS challenge of how far you can swim in an hour

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done it before when used to swim with UCLA...kinda painful experience. Don't swim there any more and current master team doesn't do it. No interest in signing up to do it solo :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oakland University, Rochester, MI
Monday, 8:30 until noon

Plenty of time for spin class & a run beforehand...

Nowhere close to 5k for me

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: 1 HOUR SWIM THIS JAN? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm. Thanks. We don't seem to have this. I must look into it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
look on the website - you do it when you feel like it
(if you feel like it!)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 HOUR SWIM THIS JAN? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to skip this postal swim, and then I got a SwiMP3 for my birthday...I think I can make it for the hour now!
-Danielle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MLB. Nicole from Highlands Ranch masters is doing it. Don't know where or how but I bet you could find matt's contact (the coach) through Scott. He knows about it or can get you in touch with her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our local masters club does a January Virtual Swim. Usually the distance of Lake Pontchartain (26 miles) over the course of the month. This year we've added a big chart to try and keep up with Rocketboy (who knocked out 16,000 meters in one go this morning in a local ski lake - avg HR of 97 - freak). Needless to say, we are all being creative in finding ways to sneak in some more yardage so that we can 'out square' each other on the chart.

Also, our club did the pentathlon recently - 'Ironman distance' was 200fly, 200bk, 200br, 200fr, 400IM. Fun and games in the pool = time in the pool. Never a bad thing.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 HOUR SWIM THIS JAN? [soneill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's up, soneill???? Good to see you here!
Quote Reply
Re: 1 HOUR SWIM THIS JAN? [Tightey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocketboy (who knocked out 16,000 meters in one go this morning in a local ski lake - avg HR of 97 - freak).

good lord. that's crazy.

your pentathalon sounds fun... minus the 2 fly and 4IM ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We used to have to do 30 min tests for swimming...our pace times for 50,100,200, 300 and 400 were calculated from those.

30 min swims were painful....then began swimming under an aussie coach, and he had us do 60 min tests!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DD

U are such a swim poser! ;-)

btw: can I send you my underwater swim footage for expert stroke analysis plez?

Go Pats!!

Not when you've got a 32 mile open water swimming staring at you in 3 months. merely being his SAG support is starting to take its toll...the kayaker today was pretty wiped after 3+ hours of paddling around too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, mlb, here is an informational page on the postal 1 hour event. It is basically a self-timed hour swim where you mail your time/distance to United States Masters. There is also some pool time reserved at DU so you can show up and do your swim.

Seth

http://www.comsa.org/

http://www.comsa.org/news/WhyPostal.htm
Quote Reply
Re: 1 HOUR SWIM THIS JAN? [tribreck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll check it out, thanks! I wouldn't even send in my results (I'm sooooo slllllooooooww), but I do enjoy a challenge! How's the snow up there? i'm headed up to Breck next weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, not much going on. Skipping the winter tri - too cold and I've been sick all week. So instead I'm doing a bike fit for new TT bike! How have you been? What races are you doing this year?
Quote Reply