Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Grip Shifters???
Quote | Reply
I know Profile does not manufacture their UPS shifters (grip shifters) any more. However, I have a set on the ends of my Syntace C-2 aerobars that I just "love".

I am trying to set up my training bike identical to my race bike and I would like to see if anyone out there knows where I might be able to pick up the Profile UPS shifters.....they would be for a 9-speed Dura-Ace set up.

Thanx,
Quote Reply
Re: Grip Shifters??? [Heisler226] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That might be tough to find. The tragedy (irony?) is there are probably some sitting in the back room of tri shops around the U.S.- ah heck, there might be some here! I'll check for you. (time passed) ahh, nope, we have a historical cross section of virtually every aero bar made in the back but no shifters.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Ebay [Heisler226] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I entered "profile shifters" into the standard search and came up with this: http://cgi.ebay.com/...&item=1985748434

Tri-Zone used to sell them as well, so you may wish to contact them to see if they have any left in the back.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanx for the info! I did give Tri-Zone a try a few months back, but they did not have any
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Cheetah's website (They make Natasha's Cheetah...meow). They sell the original Grip Shifts for 9speed Shimano. They aren't cheap, but if you really want them, that's where to go. I would order them soon, b/c it may take a little while. Also, if you do order them, switch with the UPS- the GP's are alot lighter.

If you need help, I would ask Bunnyman. He's a good point of contact for them, since he has done business with them in the past.

Good luck,

Rob

http://www.reathcon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

There is a set on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/...&item=1985748434
Quote Reply
Re: Grip Shifters??? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder why this product after several faiuled attemps never really caught on. I used them for years, and thought it to be the best shifting set-up possible for aero-barmounted shifters.

They were a bit of a pain to install and you had to fiddle with the cable tension quite a bit to get the shifting dialed in(perhaps I have answered my own query, right there), but when they worked there was nothing quite like the feeling of just twisting the wrist slighytly and almost effortlessly shifting up or down on the fly!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Grip Shifters??? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Nytro in San Diego had a set on the wall a while back, try them too
Quote Reply
Re: Grip Shifters??? [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and here I always thought the SD was for South Dakota.... hmmm
Quote Reply
Re: Grip Shifters??? [MS.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and LA is Louisiana, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LA is "Lower Alabama"; that's what I been told

Happ New Year Everyone!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set and can say I am not impressed with them. The rubber grips slip when wet and make it a challenge to shift. I have put rubber bands on mine to reduce slippage. Also there is no stop at the end of the rotation so the cable just continues to unwind from the spool when down shifting, then you have to wind the cable up again (by turning the shifter) to take up the slack to upshift again. Not a big deal when training, but it is annoying when racing. Its a good idea but poorly developed.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Grip Shifters??? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not experienced the problem(s) you have???? I have been using the Profile UPS grip shifters since they were "introduced" to the market. Is it possible you rec'd a "bad" pair with improper machining on the internal rings????

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No - LA is Lawrence... Kansas that is. Boulder of the flatlands... Berkley without the coast. The only civilized and cultured place here to live.
Quote Reply