Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saturday run in Cincy, let's get muddy
Quote | Reply
for any local/regional peeps, come on out and join us for a nice "winter" run. the route is on road/off road and chock full of wildlife...it is really beautiful and inspiring. one loop is 7 miles, with options to tack on more distance. we'll hang out afterwards with a hot beverage plus bagels, and there will be much swaping of lies with races past. this is a run for everyone, so get off yer duff, no excuses! :)

When: this Saturday, 9:30am.

Where & Directions: 10245 Winton Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45231
(2,465 acres, Springfield Township): I-275 to Winton Road-Forest Park exit, south on Winton Road to park entrances on left and right. Also accessible via Ronald Reagan-Cross County Highway to Winton Road exit, north on Winton Road to park entrances on left and right.

Why: need you even ask? :)

What to bring: yourself (duh), and something warm to put on after the run. (and obviously some clothes and shoes to have on DURING the run, otherwise you could get some unlucky frostbite)

Treats afterwards: i'm on the hook for hot coffee, water, and some bagels/cream cheese. plus anything else someone wants to bring!

anyone interested?
~kitty

Quote Reply
Re: Saturday run in Cincy, let's get muddy [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is your best post yet! Mud = therapy. I hope everyone has a great time.

Take pics and post'em next week.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah! Will be fun! I rode the route Wed on my MTN bike and saw lots of deer and riders on horses (we are going by/through Parkey's with the horse riding camp). Pretty muddy back there though : )

I think we have 6-7 so far?

Re: Saturday run in Cincy, let's get muddy [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, we should have that many so far. you should get after fraser and kathy for this one! he owes you one after that fiasco on your mtb's last week. i'm going to email Spot.
Quote Reply
Re: Saturday run in Cincy, let's get muddy [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, photos - check! Especially after. I'll be sure to hit all the mud I can as I'm still "testing" those new Inov-8 shoes - great so far.

Quote | Reply
Muddy like bring old shoes muddy?

How long of a drive from Muncie, IN? Mapquest says 95 miles but 2hrs driving! Can that be right? I do need to get new running shoes, so is there a store 15-20 mins nearby so it could save me a trip to Indy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Y'all need to set up some obstacles - mud pits, jump some fences, climb some trees, run up some steep hills, or something. Make it into an adventure run.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol--funny! don't give rroof any ideas though, ok?

hehehe.

come on people...i know you're out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

come on people...i know you're out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Saturday run in Cincy, let's get muddy [sleepy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, did you mean to respond, or do you just like to quote me?

lol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that didn't work at all. :)

I meant for you to respond to my first post in the thread. Look up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Muddy like bring old shoes muddy? regular running shoes are ok. but there is mud, so bring some you don't mind get muddy i guess!

How long of a drive from Muncie, IN? this i'm not sure about...Mapquest says 95 miles but 2hrs driving! Can that be right? I do need to get new running shoes, so is there a store 15-20 mins nearby so it could save me a trip to Indy? Yes we have many running shoe stores. there is one in Glendale, not far at all from where we'll be running! http://runningspot.com/...index_NBglendale.php also there are other running shops not far, there is one in Loveland which is about 15 minutes or so from where we'll be running.
Last edited by: kittycat: Jan 11, 07 13:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, if one is going to be cold and wet, it is best to be with other cold and wet people. And I race cyclocross so I'm used to being muddy
Quote Reply
Re: Saturday run in Cincy, let's get muddy [admill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i couldn't agree more. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sleepy - ya, sure shouldn't take 2 hours from Muncie, but who knows. What size do you wear? I have a STOCKPILE of shoes and there are many stores around (in fact, to entice you, I have a $25 credit that you can use at one if want : )

Hey, we can make this an "adventure" run as we will be running through Parkey's and they have the horse steeplechase stuff all set up. We could also try to chase down the deer that we will likely see - major points if you actually catch one :)

Quote | Reply
I'm a size 10 in adidas, nike, and i believe asics. I have some old shoes, though. I just got scanned for e-soles and they come in next week. I've been told not to buy until I try the shoes on WITH the inserts. One leg is over 1 cm shorter than the other, so with the built in lift compensation shoe fit is more insert dependent than normal I suppose. (thoughts?)

I'll prob. just run with the shoes I've been wearing since they have about 450 miles on them and i'll replace them soon. They're already pretty dirty.

Holy crap; how tall is a horse steeplechase?! LOL.
Catching a deer is easy. Mounting one and riding it, now that's tough!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - just wear some old shoes if you come by. With a large group, we won't be going fast/hard anyway (exept perhaps racing up some hills and waiting for the goup). e-soles can be pretty thick (an inherent problem with their design), but you shouldn't need another sized shoe unless you by/like them small.

Sorry, I'm a 9-9.5 : )

Be fun to meet (well, before the TripleT anyway)! And you just can't resist meeting the one and only Kittycat!

Quote | Reply
Gotta come clean, I don't have the wheels to run down a deer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, forgot to mention since this park is huge. Meet by the big lake on Winton Rd. at the largest building with "Winton Pavilion" on the front, near the boathouse.

Quote | Reply
man, i should have called this run Muddy as Hell. It's been raining since last night. yeah baby! :)
Last edited by: kittycat: Jan 12, 07 6:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow that's cool. No that's hella cool.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
today i might get my nails painted mud color, just in honor of this run. lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what these gals are doing. Haha.

Quote Reply