Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which is faster 650cc or 700cc
Quote | Reply
Looking at the difference I think that less mass would spin up faster, but stored energy in the 700cc being larger would allow for continued speed easier. Oh, sorry wrong forum. I was thinking that this was the forum about cycle displacement and engine design...opps.
Actually just seeing what kind of quirks slowm had about this post.
Sorry for being off topic.
Quote Reply
Re: Which is faster 650cc or 700cc [cyclng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be interesting to see the impassioned debate from those who take this seriously. It will be sort of like the clincher vs. rubular rolling resistance threads (a red herring, in my opinion) - too small a difference to measure meaningfully (I raced for three years on 650 in the early QR days so have experience with it even though I'm 6'1" tall and probably would have trouble finding a 650 bike in my size these days).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't poke the bear.... particularly when he's tapering
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are too many possible variables to determine before you can really answer this question. The only response is that it depends....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I believe that a 636cc is faster than a 675cc. but the 599cc is a bit faster than the 636cc, by virtue of slightly lighter weight and slightly better aerodynamics.

That said, I really want a 999cc

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Which is faster 650cc or 700cc [More is MORE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I have a 1450 and a 1200. Sold the 500 and used the money for a tri bike. Actually the bicycle cost twice that of what I sold the motorcycle for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I still had my 125.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 750cc was stolen on New Years day two years ago, now I rely on my internal 30cc (or whatever the heart volume is). I guarantee, the 750 was much faster.

Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Last edited by: cvillatri: Jan 10, 07 15:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try a "Search Posts"? There's lots of excellent responses to this question here

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're riding with Monty...the answer is most certainly 650 :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: Which is faster 650c or 700c [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
650 or 700?

it won't matter because your seat's too high and you don't train on power cranks with dimpled biopace chainrings!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply