Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fireman Ironman Camp for IMLP
Quote | Reply
Has anyone gone to this camp for IMLP? It seems cool, and pretty good but I just wanted to get some feedback from people that have actually gone. Everybody's website, no matter what the product will say how great something is, but I want actual opinions.

www.firemanironman.com

Matt
Race-Ready Endurance Training
Team BIKEWAY.com
NYPD Racing
Quote Reply
Re: Fireman Ironman Camp for IMLP [TriMatt18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a great camp for anyone who is planning to do IMLP this year or at some point in the future. As the website says, it is a 'no frills' camp, so if you are looking for fancy, high-tech, state of the art gear, machinery etc....this is not the camp for you. If you are looking to train on the actual IM race course with a group of friendly, fun, knowledgeable people who pretty much know every inch of the course, and are more than willing to share that knowledge, then you should absolutely sign up. Larry does a great job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that looks perfect timing for me. Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What pinktrigirl said.

It's a great get-together of triathletes with a lot of really experienced racers/coaches who are open to giving advice. It's not a fancy thing with nutrition clinics and bike fits and all that, just structured and supported workouts. It was really nice to have done one of my long runs on the course without having to deal with the logistics of water and nutrition. There was also a nice question and answer session at the closing dinner where they covered some of the range of questions from first timers and experienced ironmen.

There will be people there at just about every speed and ability, so no one should feel intimidated. It's a good excuse to get there and train on the course, and only costs $50 more than if you went yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: Fireman Ironman Camp for IMLP [one_lap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone know who runs it? Someone from FDNY? I'm guessing
Quote Reply
Re: Fireman Ironman Camp for IMLP [Enginefour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's run by Larry Parker, the NYC firefighter who was featured in the NBC Kona broadcast a few years back. My wife went to this camp a few years ago and said it was great, I'm thinking of going this year myself.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Fireman Ironman Camp for IMLP [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is who i figured ran it. However with 12,000 FDNY members I'm sure they have an Ironman or two.
Nice to see a cheap camp that is no frills, good on ya larry parker
Last edited by: Enginefour: Jan 10, 07 17:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm signed up again. I went back in 2003 and am going back this year as a prelude to my 2008 signup.

Larry does a great job of running the camp and it's just good ol fun and training.

JP Latkovic
Tri and Du It Multisport
Plainview, NY
http://www.triandduit.com
http://www.dulongisland.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Nice to see a cheap camp that is no frills,
Epic man and IronTour are not only cheap IMLP training events, they are actually free. Plus you get to train with all your favorite slowtwitch celebrities.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply