Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What time of year is best to sell a bike?
Quote | Reply
I am looking to sell my 2006 tri-bike. From experience, is there a certain time of year when one can expect to get the most offers and/or highest price?

Any suggestions?.......
Quote Reply
Re: What time of year is best to sell a bike? [dominator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes sell it on EBay, when there are 2 very rich dumb people on who want to buy your bike.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best time to sell is late spring or early summer when people are thinking about cycling.

Best time to buy new is late winter or early spring when bike shops are trying to dump whats left of last year's models/stock. For used buy whenever a good deal pops up on ebay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to think there was a best time but after watching for the past two years I have seen it all. For example:

I sold my Kestrel KM40 frame on a ten day, no reserve auction, starting at a dollar and it went for $177. Then the guy who bought it will turned around and sold it for $501 later that month.

Would you call that a good month or a bad one?

I guess it all depends on the circumstances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, seriously. Along time ago I saw a site that tracked item auctions on Ebay. I think they had years worth of data, but I don't remember where it was. My experience, early spring everyone is getting ready to ride again.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I havent had any luck selling my bike right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would also say spring. During the winter(in most places) people aren't riding tons and can afford to sit and wait a f ew months looking for the best deal. When spring hits, they "HAVE" to get the bike, so they'll outbid the guy before them.

Quote | Reply
definitely not now. I've been trying to unload a Felt S-22 for a month with hardly a nibble. Not even enough interest to want to test ride it.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply