Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ready to pull the trigger....
Quote | Reply
on a 2006 Quintana Roo Seduza. Brand new out of the box. Same bike as on the QR website....

Local LBS - Good shop, good guys - I've worked with them before...

My logic: I can find it cheaper on the Internet but then I have to have it assembled. Plus I get the support from the local LBS for tech issues. (I also like to support local businesses). The 2006 is $400 less than the 2007 and from what I understand it's only a cosmetic change in the paint scheme.

$2,699

thoughts?

I bow before the collective wisdom of the Slowtwitch Nation....

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: Ready to pull the trigger.... [Brian G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy '06 locally................BANG!

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Last edited by: ShoMyOFace: Jan 8, 07 4:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
always good to support local businesses.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought locally too and they were able to price match online retailer's price. Everybody's happy. Support your LBS when possible.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do it!

:-)

Jodi

ps. An early congrats on your new baby
Quote Reply
Re: Ready to pull the trigger.... [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to buy locally, but with UK prices around 50% more than US, why would I??

(With the exception of Planet-x)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buy from your LBS. It's always good to have a place to go if you have problems down the line. The extra couple hundred bucks will be worth it.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it depends how long you want to be in the sport and at what level you wish to be involved with your cycling equipment.

I invested over two thousand dollars on park tools and about a thousand on little parts so I won't have to go to any bike shop.

I really enjoy looking for the best prices and doing my own work. There is a feeling of satisfaction and security knowing I can fix it.

If you think long term the tools will always be a good investment because (like bikes) they can be sold used for about half of retail.

So consider finding the best price and doing the work yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump....

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buying from a LBS when the price difference is minimal is the way to go...Loyalty makes a difference when you need something 2 days before a race and they have 15 kids bikes waiting for a tune-up...If you are a good customer they will take care of you no matter how busy they are...

J

If it's not fun...don't do it!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the Seduza on Friday from all3sports for $1,999 (I go tomorrow for my fitting). I have the advantage of it being my LBS as well ... I received internet prices and receive the benefits of a LBS (I did have to pay taxes though).

$2,699 seems pretty high when it can be purchased on the internet for $700 cheaper. I would talk to them and see if they can price match (or at least come down some to make it more competitive.
Quote Reply
Re: Ready to pull the trigger.... [Tri-Atlanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a strong believer in the 10% rule if I my local guy can come within 10% of a online price I pull the trigger there (minor items I always buy at my LBS). It is good to buy local but don't forget the old saying about a fool and his money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Local bike shops make most of their money off service work and things like that. Very few shops can sell enough bikes to actually make a huge profit because profit margains are very slim. If you can buy a bike from your LBS then you should but if you can save a good amount of money then buy it someplace else and just give them your business for everything else. Heck even if you buy a bike online the LBS will still get some money if you pay them to assemble it, etc.

In Reply To:
on a 2006 Quintana Roo Seduza. Brand new out of the box. Same bike as on the QR website....

Local LBS - Good shop, good guys - I've worked with them before...

My logic: I can find it cheaper on the Internet but then I have to have it assembled. Plus I get the support from the local LBS for tech issues. (I also like to support local businesses). The 2006 is $400 less than the 2007 and from what I understand it's only a cosmetic change in the paint scheme.

$2,699

thoughts?

I bow before the collective wisdom of the Slowtwitch Nation....

B.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to buy some things on the internet or at cheap places in town (Mountain Equipment Coop) but have stopped and now buy from my LBS unless he just can't get what I want or if it's uneconomic for him to get it.

Yes, I pay a little more. However, I get great service and I know that he'll be there when I need him. If I buy elsewhere and others do as well, how is he going to keep the lights on?

I'd point out the other prices to my LBS and let him decide what price to charge me. Then again, we have a long relationship and he's introduced me to others as his best customer.
Quote Reply