Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Planet X prices?
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the Planet x website and doing the conversions to see how much my new bike would cost. Then I got the link to the US distributer and went to that site and everything was much more expensive. Which prices should I go by? Planet X mafia help please!

"Oh you hate your job? There's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar."
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [bikerbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bikes that are shipped to US addresses come from Zedsport, the distributor of Planet X. I haven't looked at the prices on the Zedsport.com website for a while, but I think that it shows $1800 for frame, fork, seatpost, headset, and aerobar...which is a deal! For complete bike prices you might have to contact Peter at Zedsport....I'm not sure that the Slowtwitch deal is still going, but he's the guy that would know. You'll love the bike if you get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [kilowatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto

Ric
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been working with Planet X to put a bike together and the "Slowtwitch" special offer is still good. For about $2400 you get an all carbon rocket ship. Not sure how much longer it is good for so get in quick if interested. Hoping to finish my purchase sometime this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious...what's the seat tube angle on the tri frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
website shows 75-76 degree seattube angle.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any of you guys riding their wheels?

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride the PX Carbon 50's and also have the PX disc. All three are really nice. The disc doesn't seem to get talked about much, but it is the best disc I've ever ridden. Anything specific you want to know?
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've got the PX wheels ordered. rear 101, and front 82. I am going to ride them at Kona this year. I've talked to some friends that have ridden them, and they are a quality wheel. The price is right too!

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that setup! What did you pay?

Thanks!

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
go to the pedalforce web side, same frame better price

http://pedalforce.com/...a3fc04d194127745a5ae
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [fersuch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has been hashed out here before. That is a frame only! By the time you include the fork, seat tube and aerobars it's pretty much a wash. More importantly with Planet X you are getting a real company with excellent customer service, direct customer access to all levels of the company and with a good market base being built.

And have you seen the graphics on the frame you suggest? Yuch.

Ric
Last edited by: ttracer: Jan 8, 07 8:47
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [fersuch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting that the frame from Pedalforce has a different top weave of carbon.
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It may be the same mold, but doesn't have to be the same layup of CF as I understand it. Planet X did the development, but the manufacturer uses the mold for other bikes as well. Not really sure what the differences are between them. For me this is all the more reason to buy the Planet X if this is the bike one wants. The company behind a product is important.

Ric
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. The interesting thing was recently I was talking to a manufacturer and they indicated how difficult and expensive it was becoming to spec a bike with the 3k weave finish. I just found it odd that one of the resellers would have specced that on their version.
Quote Reply
Re: Planet X prices? [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that Karbona is making the frame of Planet X (http://www.karbona.com). You can oredr directly from Karbona with a cost of:

The price of Timetrail lite including aero seatpsot and aero fork is US$ 682. The shipping cost of 1 set is US$ 120. The handlign charge for small order is US$ 45.
Quote Reply