Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Performance Bike in Texas?
Quote | Reply
Just got a Performance Bike catalog and the cover says they are opening something like 10 stores in Texas. Anyone heard more about this?

**sorry if this has been raised, I did a search and did not find anything. **
Quote Reply
Re: Performance Bike in Texas? [Tri Poseur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their website says they're hiring retail and store managers in DFW, Plano, San Antonio, Houston, and N. Austin.

Reach for what you cannot.

-Percy Cerruty
Quote Reply
Re: Performance Bike in Texas? [TexRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting...should provide some great (and much needed) competition in the DFW area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard they are going in Grapevine Mills Mall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, Performence Bike Shops are awsome. We have shopped by internet from them for years. Best prices, best selection, most liber return policy, etc.

But hey, where are the ST Tone Rangers (from the movie the Break Up) who are going to simultaneously start whining that we need to order ONLY from our LBS but they also order from Performence, Nashbar, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Performance Bike in Texas? [Pam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Sun and Ski Sports is at GMM and I could never quite figure out why anyone would buy a bike there. Between having some 18 year old who knows nothing selling it to you and having to bring it to the mall if something went wrong - just seems weird. That didn't stop me from picking up the "Have Mercy" Spinerval DVD a few days ago. The Grapevine Mills Mall parking lot is also a fine place to hammer 2 mile intervals about 7:00 AM on Sunday mornings.
---------------------

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply
Re: Performance Bike in Texas? [TexRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woohoo! I'm moving to N. Austin in February. Maybe I should apply for the job ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's quite a few in my area. The thing I like is you can use them in junction to online like if you buy something online, I can return it at the performance by my house. Or if there's something online that's for sale, they will honor it at the store. They always have great clearance items in store too.

Sometimes you can't wait for your goodies to come in the mail and just want to pick it up after work or during lunch.
Last edited by: auto208562: Dec 28, 06 22:42
Quote Reply
Re: Performance Bike in Texas? [Pam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that would seem very fitting. That area seems very underserved by large scale bike store. Will be interesting to see what impact, if any, this will have on RBM or Plano Cycling. Both are good shops with good people, butI would be surprised if Performance does not pull some of the best from each.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are many Performance shops here in San Diego and I can tell you for certain that they haven't pulled the "best" from any LBS' around here.

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: Performance Bike in Texas? [jedi_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure, but I am willing to bet the # of shops in San Diego v. DFW is slightly different. DFW has very few shops, so I think the pool is probably smaller to pull from. Could be wrong, but definitely would appear that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could be as we have many great shops around. That being said, I still go to Performance to buy several small items. I just don't go there for anything requiring bike servicing and stuff like that.

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Re: Performance Bike in Texas? [jedi_tri_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good point. I will likely do the same. Performance bike (online) has been great for a cheap bastard like me! Can't wait to see it in person.

Will still go to my regular LBS for service.

It will be interesting to see how involved they get in the local bike/tri community.
Quote Reply