Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Energy Drinks?
Quote | Reply
So how many of you out there down a red bull or monster or any other energy drink before a work out? If so, how often? I know people that have 3-4 cups of coffee everyday, so is having a red bull everyday that much different?
Quote Reply
Re: Energy Drinks? [couchweight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coffee in it's normal (non-Starbucks/Latte) form has almost no calories. Most energy drinks are merely soda with some vitamins tossed in. That being said, the low-carb Monsters are pretty good...

Quote | Reply
I usually end up drinking about 2 cups of coffee if I'm driving off to an early morning workout and the drive is a bit long..seems to help quite a bit for me since I don't drink a lot of coffee and not all that regularly.

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use them when i need them.

Usually if I have a longer ride i'll bring a Red Bull with me.... yes I'm bias, but it works for me...
Never tried any other stuff...

And every race I do I'll have a few handy...
if you check out the Kona footage there's quite a few guys downing them on bike.... Faris is a good example.

"Pace is just a matter of having enough RedBull..." -Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Diet Pepsi an energy drink?? If so, Im in good shape because I down a liter in the AM by the time lunch rolls around...

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<----SF Redbull addict.

Usually 1 or 2 a day. If 1 its miday with a morning cup of joe.

SF redbull and rockstar (white can) are my favorites.

I saw Macca down a regular redbull on the marathon in Kona.

I think its how your body can allocate the caffeine, with coffee I get a smooth buzz that slowly burns throughout the 1st half of the day. Redbull in 10 minutes I have full focus and maybe a headrush if I dont pace myself with the 8oz cans, however Im not as dehydrated when compared with coffee. Furthermore, I try to match at least a 2 cups of water for every cup of coffee or redbull I take in hopefully to compensate for the ADH block.

Pick your poison...... Keau
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Redballs has sugar and other additives, hence the POW! effect. Coffee, black, has beneficial antioxidants without the crap. Of course, any good Boulderite uses Silk organic soy creamer in their coffee, as this was created locally. The fact that WhiteWave is now owned by a giant food conglomerate only adds to the delicious creamy guilt.

Boring finance guy now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride the Bull every morning on the way to swim practice. I really think it makes a difference. I have since switched to the sugar-free variety in the light blue can. Target has huge cases for cheap. It is one of the few things in our refridgerator.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply