Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dura-ace question?
Quote | Reply
I just got my power cranks the other day and went to install them. Is there a way to get my dura-ace cranks off without some kind of a special tool?
Quote Reply
Re: Dura-ace question? [couchweight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming that you have DA 9 with an Octalink BB all you need to do is insert an 8 mm allen wrench and turn the bolt. THe bolt is self extracting. As it comes out it pushes against the dust cap and removes the crankarm at the same time.

-Darrell

Quote Reply
Re: Dura-ace question? [Darrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There isn't an allen on either end. I have a 10 speed DA. Its on a c'dale system6 if that helps any. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think PowerCranks makes a model compatible with the newer style BB, do they? Are you replacing the BB too?
Quote Reply
Re: Dura-ace question? [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the set used from someone on here. I asked him if they work with my crank set and he said yes. I never called power cranks to ask them. I guess that will be my next move.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may be wrong as well, but I thought I read that on a previous thread or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think that PowerCranks work with external BBs either due to the clutch mechanism. Your best bet is to call PowerCranks and find out for sure but I think that you'll have to get a new BB too.

DA 10 cranks are easy to remove, just a 5 mm allen wrench and the little tool that comes with the cranks to get the end cap off.

-Darrell

Quote Reply