Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

There is something to more is more!
Quote | Reply
Well, I am becoming a firm believer in "more is more" when it comes to running- essentially, i'm doing 3 recovery runs a week at ~9:30 pace, 1 Tempo at ~7:15 pace, 1 Fartlek workout, and my long run at ~8:45-8:50 pace. To me, the pace seems fairly easy most of the time, and I find myself holding back sometimes on runs. But after today, I am pretty amazed how running more at a slower pace can improve performance. [I started marathon training ~13 weeks ago]

Well, I had my Air Force PT Test today... maxed waist, pushups and situps, and ran a 8:54 for the 1.5 mile run! My previous best 1.5 was 9:36 over a year ago and my best 1 mile was 5:56 (I crossed the one mile point at 5:50 today) in high school. Needless to say, i'm happy! Anyway, for those who don't believe, I was just converted- you don't have to go fast to improve... you only have to put in the miles.

Oh yea... I probably could have done better as well- did a 15 miler two days ago and only got 2 hours of sleep last night... more advice- don't procrastinate on school projects!
Quote Reply
Re: There is something to more is more! [striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: There is something to more is more! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Congrats!
Thanks... unfortunately this means I can only lose points in the future :-O
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, if you do Even More, you will get Even Faster!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The invoice is in the mail :-)
Quote Reply