Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Easton Attack TT Bar at 350g [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought he might have as three months have passed since he said that.
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack TT Bar at 350g [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive got a set of Large Attacks. While "I" would not call them large, they fit me really well. I am 5'10" 160lbs, and have freakishly long arms.

The extensions on are 275mm long from the center of the bar, and the pads (at their center point) adjust from 135mm to 205mm. They also have a "D" shape for the piece that secures the arm rests, so you can twist the arm pads in line with your arms. You can remove the spacer under the arm pad so the plate sits flat on the bar

I am coming off Vision tech base bar with Carbon R-bends, with the spacers removed under the pads. The eastons give me the exact same width, but 10mm lower, and come in at 390g. Oh, and my wrists dont hurt any more because of the single bend vs r bend

AF
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack TT Bar at 350g [afeltz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post some pictures of your set up especially the Easton Attack TT bars. I am 5'10" tall but my arms are a bit short for my size. I would love to get a pair of these but can not find any locally.

I think these (if they fit) would finish off my bike build wonderfully. I like the design and my current set up is very similar to these already. I am using the delta force base bar, hed clip lites and Oval single bend extensions.

I should measure up my set up and see where my pads are in comparison to what you have mentioned.

I wonder if I could put my carbon Hed armrests on these bars? might make a larger more comfortable armrest.
Last edited by: Bman: Mar 14, 07 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack TT Bar at 350g [motriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got fitted for a new Carbon Razor saturday that will be sporting these bars. Can't wait to get it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are the stock pads.......are they comfortable?.....I ahve heard that they are on the thin side?

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are fine for me so far, 5mm thick and 60x90mm in size.

I am racing the Lonestar HIM at the end of the month, and may try the 10mm oval pads on there. We'll see

I'll try to snap some photos tonight

AF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cee-gees is making aftermarket pads for the new Easton bar. I actually gave him my pads to make the template. They are thicker and way more dense than the stock easton pad.
www.cee-gees.com
I am not affiliated with cee-gees in any way- just a satified customer.
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack TT Bar at 350g [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cee Gees is a great product.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure when you got your bars but my pads are definitely NOT 5mm thick. I got my bars very early (later Sept or early Oct) so maybe they've gone with thicker pads. My pads are ridiculously thin and consider them mostly useless for anything over Oly distance. I also came off of the VTs with carbon r-bends. I got the mediums because they didn't have the larges out yet. The mediums just barely fit me and I'm 5'10" about 145lbs at race weight.

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack TT Bar at 350g [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats the difference in sizes then if they're all 38cm on the basebar? Is the large wider at the hands/elbows? Is the large just longer? Or are the base bars different widths and I'm reading everything wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack TT Bar at 350g [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the only difference between S M and L is in the length.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack TT Bar at 350g [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As More is More said, all 3 bars are 38cm wide so the difference is the length only. I think it would have been nice have some additional width adjustability in the pads as the size increased. I'm assuming there's no difference in pad width because I couldn't tell between the smalls and the mediums when I tried them back in Oct. The length of the smalls seemed ridiculous to me -- it reminded of the mini-clip ons. They are many limitations in the bar, imho, but if they happen to fit you then they're pretty damn good. The mediums fit me but, like I said, they're just on the edge for me. Personally, I wouldn't buy them over the Internet. You need to get a good close look at them.

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Easton Attack TT Bar at 350g [motriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of more notes:

1. Shifter cables route out the back of the bars so, depending on the bike, you might have a real tight bend which is much more ideally suited for nokon (sp?) cables than the regular ones. I had this problem on my Guru Crono.

2. Like I said before, I think the pads suck so I went out and purchased a set of the VT Micro Thin SLs. I cut them and just put them on the bike tonight and they are definitely the ticket!! Much much better than the pads that come with the bars. I also removed the spacer as that provided a more ideal fit for me.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to check them out at ALL3 Sports......I need a little pad width for comfort......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the notes, I want a 38cm wide bullhorn, and preferably longish extensions for my body(5'8"-5'9"). My LBS will be carrying these so if I buy a pair I'll get to try them out beforehand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let us know what you think. The biggest problem with the pads might not actually be the thickness but the lack of density in the pad. Not sure if the heat had anything to do with it but at IMH my arms felt like they were almost resting on metal after 80 miles.

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sucks......i have seen people use Vision pads in place of the stock ones...

Quote Reply

Prev Next