Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Standing while on a trainer?
Quote | Reply
A bike trainer DVD I have has me getting out of the saddle at times. I am worried that this might put undue stress on the bake wheel and skewer? Is this something to be worried about? I would hate to put my wheel out of round or break something. I have a CycleOps fluids trainer. Any thoughts or suggestions are always appreciated.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I must be right because everyone else is "On My Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Standing while on a trainer? [TriBrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the bigger issues would be making sure your trainer doesn't touch your frame - that could damage the dropouts (or rear triangle).

and that you don't leave the tire clamped down to the trainer - that will deform the tire and make the wheel go out of round.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are spining is not a problem on the frame, I would not use my carbon bike on a trainer to similate hill climbing or any other type of high gear workouts. Your frame does not have any other option but to flex from the motion you are giving it, on the road you are not attach to anything and your bike moves side to side everytime to press on the pedals when you are climbing a hill or are on a big gear. So spin on that trainer and use your big gears out on the road. Good luck training this winter on that boring trainer :)

Latintriathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can’t imagine that it is a problem – I do it all the time. Rode the first 60 miles of MOO on the CT this afternoon and to say the least, I was up on the cranks a fair amount. That said, I ride Ti, not carbon, and offer no opinion on the latter.
=======================================================

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you are find getting out of the saddle; I'd just avoid really using the frame to throw around your weight the way a sprinter would.
Quote Reply