Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Easton attack TT
Quote | Reply
Hello,

does anyone have this new aerobar ? What does he think about ? Is the cleamed weight of 350g fair ? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton attack TT [Nick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are nice if you know your size, ride low (pads and extensions are pretty low) and do not need adjustment. The only adjustment is pad width. Mine weighed 391 with pads installed.
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton attack TT [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your reply ;-) Very nice !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked at getting these but decided against it mainly due to concerns with comfort for long course tri. I think they would work great for track and short course tri but the minimal elbow area, elbow pad wouldn't work that well for IMs. Probably one of the least adjustable bars on the market and I'm not sure they're worth $500 but then again I don't think the Zipp Vukas are worth $1200 or the OVal Concepts are worth $700. I've spent a lot of time researching aerobars since I'm building up a new bike and I've decided on the Vision base bar w/ Vision R-Bend carbon extensions and vision carbon aero tt levers. Extremely aero, adjustable, and just as light as Zipp, Oval, etc. I think they'll end up costing me about $320 and I had budgeted $700 for my aerobars so I didn't choose the Visions for cost reasons.
The Profile cobra is a very nice set-up also. If the Profile Carbon x1.5 fit me then I would have gone with these.
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton attack TT [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bootsie,

How about a picture of your set up. I have been thinking about getting a pair of them. Right now I am using the Delta base bar with the Hed Clip lite with Carbon s-bends. A very nice light set-up but I have to say that Easton Attach is a pretty nice looking set up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Easton's and like them. There is no extra fluff and while adjustment of aerobar width and length isn't possible, it isn't needed for me. My only issue was the thin aerobar pads. They are a high density lycra covered rubber of some sort and not quite thick enough for me: I can feel the mounted hardware in my forearms. Now I'm a big clydesdale, so some of you lighter types may not have any issues, and I'm the only one I know with this aerobar with this complaint. I'm at 382 grams for the set up and have done distances of 1 km to 40km with them.

Regards,
-SD
Quote Reply
Re: New Easton attack TT [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave, I will ask the same thing. I would love to see a pair of these mounted on a tri bike.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them on my orbea ordu, what I rode for IMF. They were very comfortable, and even though the pads looks like they don't offer much cushion, they are awesome.

I'd post a pic of them, but my house, yard, garage isn't clean enough for any of you guys... and my digital camera is under repair...
Last edited by: IM2B: Nov 25, 06 13:21
Quote Reply