Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer and Spinervals?
Quote | Reply
To any CT users:

This is my second season with my CT. Love it. I'd like to use my CT with Spinervals Aero DVD's - the newer ones use power). If anyone has done "video" training rides with the CT, could you please recommend how to do it? I'd like to be able to record and review my power/speed/cadence values for future comparison.

I guess my real problem has been how to design the course (?) (a simple flat line for miles and miles?) and how do you get enough roller resistance (do you just crank on the trainer roller and then calibrate?)?

Of course, this may not be a viable option. I have been using a Fluid 2 with Spinervals and then trading it out with my CT for those rides. Any advice or experiences would be most appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer and Spinervals? [triDVM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey TriDVM

this has been done to death already...
just use the C/Trainer in the stand alone mode, calibrate, switch onto program 1 - 10, picking whichever one allows you to use the gear selection set by Coach Troy and away you go.
programs 1 - 10 are constant resistance programs. a bit like a normal trainer really.
as far as recording power etc during the workout, why bother, as you get stronger you will be able to use a progressively higher resistance level.

I use my c'tainer more for spinerval or the ergo mode. the computer/metalman mode is of more use for long rides.

have fun Avago
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer and Spinervals? [Avago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your help, Avago. ST to the rescue!
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer and Spinervals? [triDVM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Creating a flat course isn't that hard. Play with it. You'll get it pretty quick. Then you will be able to have the facility of seeing your HR, watts, speed, cadence, etc.

Spinervals--gotta love those out-of-the saddle high spins!

Thanks for the head's up on Spinerval DVD's with power. I have just used the Tough Love, Hills and Totally Time Trial.
Quote Reply