Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If you use a disc wheel cover for the rear what do you use on the front and why?
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of taking the plunge to power and using a standard Mavic Open Pro w/ disc cover. I am going to get a matching from training wheel but need some ideas / suggestions on what I should use on the front. My 2007 includes 2 70.3 & 1 Full IM race. Thanks.

~~~

- Matt

Quote Reply
Re: If you use a disc wheel cover for the rear what do you use on the front and why? [mjshapiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything ya want.

eBay and the ST classifieds are your friends.

404, 808, Alps, H3, Jet, yada yada yada - they all work approximately the same, so get whatever you can get the best deal on.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: If you use a disc wheel cover for the rear what do you use on the front and why? [mjshapiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing to keep in mind is you probably want to have a front wheel in which the tube is compatable with one another. Reason for this is your flat disc most likely needs a normal tube length. But if you're going with a 404 or some some deeper dish up front, you're going to need a valve extender or a longer 80 or 100mm valve length tube to switch out that front tube. Reason I say this is I'm most likely going with a rear disc (hence normal valve length) and then going with a hed3 up front instead of my 404 simply because

1. It looks hotter

2. I'm not racing (otherwise I'd do 404s all the way)

3. i just need to carry two normal tubes for my flat kit...
Quote Reply
Re: If you use a disc wheel cover for the rear what do you use on the front and why? [mulu bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. Thanks.

- Matt

Quote Reply