Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can I learn anything from my half-marathon heartrate?
Quote | Reply
I am not a runner. I have raced my bike for the last three or four years, and the past year or so I have started getting into tris more, mostly sprint and oly distance, but I just don't know what I am doing running. So I have my first marathon in January, I have ran more than 13 miles before, but last Sunday was my first race at that distance. I wore my heart-rate monitor (even though I have never wore it running before) and was just wondering if that average heart rate can teach me anything for my marathon training. Might that be a base for training runs? Anything at all I can learn from my avg. heart rate in the half marathon, that I can apply to training?
Quote Reply
Re: Can I learn anything from my half-marathon heartrate? [biggerfella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can if you figure out what your max heart rate is first that will give you better estimate of how hard you were running during the race and how much of your aerobic capacity you are using.

But it is also individualized too you have to go by how you feel. For instance i run 5ks at about 190+ bpm for the whole race that would kill some poeple. Its just how you react.

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply