Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Paulo, THE SERGIO: Questions about Lisboa Half Ironman
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to make this race my main target before I head off to China next year in mid May. I've looked through the details on the race site, but would be grateful for any further info (places to stay, course deatils, organisation etc) from those who have done it in the past. I'd need to Fly in from the UK, too, so advice on bike-box-friendly airlines would also help.

cheers guys

Stuff I like:
PBscience Triathlon Coaching and Lab Testing
Quote Reply
Re: Paulo, THE SERGIO: Questions about Lisboa Half Ironman [fade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim is held in an artificial lake around the oceanarium, salt water in a "large pool"

the bike course is mainly flat, with a small uphill/downhill at the turnaround of the 4 lap course, it may get pretty windy though.

I would say, 90% of the bike course was closed to traffic and it was held on a 4 lane highway, the rest had restricted traffic with about 2 km of tough cobble stone road each lap near the transition area. (there may be some minor changes this year)

Run is TOTALLY flat in a mix of dirt road and concrete near the river and the EXPO98 tourist area.

All this is held in one of the best places to visit in lisbon, 5km from the airport. Plenty hotels in the area.

I dont think you will have an issue with the bike box, i never had to be honest although i know some airlines started charging for that, maybe some other portuguese lurkers can help with that. Easy Jet has some dirt cheap fares and the bike costs about 10€ extra or so

Anyway, easy fast course in a very nice venue.

What do you need to know more?

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Last edited by: sergio: Nov 2, 06 6:40
Quote Reply
Re: Paulo, THE SERGIO: Questions about Lisboa Half Ironman [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that's pretty much everything.

Are you doing it again?

Stuff I like:
PBscience Triathlon Coaching and Lab Testing
Quote Reply
Re: Paulo, THE SERGIO: Questions about Lisboa Half Ironman [fade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Fade,

I'm with the organization and just heard about your questions.

We don´t have any deals with airlines, but I can tell you that my experience has been good as well and have not had any problems with different airlines I have used myself.........

As far as course information, like Sergio sad its pretty flat all around with a 2 lap swim, 4 lap bike course, an 4 lap run course. We should have some pictures and videos of the course soon.

Hotel, if you go to the information link you will then get to another link about hotels. The host Hotel is a 4 star, with a pretty good deal for participants, I recommend however that you book it as soon as possible, it sold out last year, and we are expecting a lot more competitors this year.

Let us know if we can assist you in any other way and we will try!

Safe trianing, see you in May!!

Sportive salutations

SPORTS4all

www.s4aonline.com
Quote Reply