Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone running the NJ Marathon in April?
Quote | Reply
Just curious. It'll be my first.

Also, I have a Nike+ challenge going from now to the day before the race. If anyone is running NJ and wants to join the challenge, drop me a PM.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone running the NJ Marathon in April? [munckee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. I figured there had to be someone else doing it.

Here's the website if anyone's interested. Looks like its 2 flat loops, some of it along the beach. Small race.

http://www.njmarathon.org/
Last edited by: munckee: Nov 2, 06 7:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chrisc70 is doing it. he must not have seen this thread yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might...I grew up in the area and still have family there. It can be a good Boston qualifier if there isn't any wind...flat and fast.

~~~

- Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone running the NJ Marathon in April? [mjshapiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I might...I grew up in the area and still have family there. It can be a good Boston qualifier if there isn't any wind...flat and fast.

~~~
That's funny. Jersey shore, April, no wind. Those of us who ride there (to the Hook and thereabouts) can attest to huge winds that frequent the area. I've done an out-and-back 11+ mile TT on that route that had me at about 28+mph one way, and <19mph the other way.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone running the NJ Marathon in April? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right. Like I said "IF" there isn't any wind. Spending 20+ years there I have run and ridden the most of the course with a brutal head wind and I have been on it with virtually no wind. Depends on the day. Nice are and a good race even if there is a lot of wind.

- Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran it in 2004 and 2005. The course, then, started north of Long Branch, at the base of Sandy Hook, went north a ways, looped back down past Long Branch to Deal, and then five miles back north to finish in Long Branch. The wind was pretty steady at about 7-10 mph coming off the ocean, but since this was essentially perpindicular to the course the entire time, it was not a factor.

The current course (at least this year as I saw), was a big square loop, repeated twice, centered in and around Long Branch. Wind could be more of a factor, but also there is a little more shelter away from the shore. It is true that the entire area is very flat.

I'm not running it this coming year, as I'll be in Bostin in April. ;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone running the NJ Marathon in April? [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent - what race did you chose as your Boston qualifier?

~~~

- Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Philly, last year.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone running the NJ Marathon in April? [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. I ran Philly last year as well and I hope to run it again this year if my PF clears up. I don't think I will qualify this year but if I race I hope to go 3:30 or so.

~~~

- Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone running the NJ Marathon in April? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

~~~
That's funny. Jersey shore, April, no wind.
Is that the one that usually takes place during a Nor'easter, ice storm or some other weather malady???

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to see some other STer's will be there.
Quote Reply