Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL?
Quote | Reply
My brand new Ergomo isn't working - anyone know if a rep will be at IMFL that can maybe swap out my unit?

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [Codex0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you SURE you have everything right? Is it dead or giving odd readings? Is the head unit charged?

Those things are checked coming out of the factory, so it should work.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty sure. unit was completely blank for my ride this morning - absolutely nothing at all. assumed a dead battery even though it was freshly charged and this was the first time using it. when I plugged it in at home, it said low battery and then 10 minutes later it showed fully charged. when I tried to get a menu by holding down the button, nothing happened. tried it both plugged in and unplugged, mounted on the bike and unmounted. tried the reset several times also.
would like to have it for IMFL just to get baseline power data. important to me and probably whatever coach I end up working with. sucks to deal with this less than a week before the race . . .

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [Codex0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you left it charging for several hours? A couple of times mine has been low and I've wanted to ride. After charging for ~10 minutes, the indicator bar gets pretty high, but then drops quickly once on the road. Make sure it's fully charged.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use Ergomo and this is the exact reason I no longer do. Reliability and ease of use are the most important features. Anyway on the older model, I think they call it the sport now, I used to have to hold down both buttons for 30" for the computer to reset. Hope that helps. I will be at IMFL, if you need it I will lend you my training wheel with a PT pro in it and mount a wiring harness on your bike so you at least have power. I am a Ergomo dealer, but will not sell them until they get their problems straightened out. My reputation is more important that a few dollars. 954-242-0163

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is a little pin hole type button on the back. Push it using a paper clip end and hold down for 5-10 seconds. This will re-set the unit. Happens when you run out of battery life. Even after you re-charge it is inconsistent until re-set. After re-set you will need to re-calibrate just to make sure. Re-calibrate direction are in manual; if still problems post again.

Good luck (this actually doesn't sound like that big an issue)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would also suggest trying to update to the most recent version of the firmware. Let me find the link...
Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried updating the firmware? Perhaps that will help... http://www.ergomo.net/Downloads-_151.html . Get the most recent version...
Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [Irondicknixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for your offer of the PT, but I would rather stick to the bike setup that i have - not worth messing with the setup at this point. again, not riding with power yet, but would really like to have the baseline data . . .
Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [jammajin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tried hitting the reset button for 15 sec - but it does nothing to the unit at all - no response whatsoever.
Biggest issue is the bottom button . . .when I hold it in - it goes to the next screen (just as it would if i pushed the button briefly), but no menu appears. Tried holding both buttons down for 45 seconds - nothing. nada. just scrolls through the display screens every time I hit the bottom button. Holding down the top button turns the backlight on. (So I can see the screen in low light, but not getting any info . . . .
Not sure I want to try the firmware update if the unit isn't working on the base software and has never worked (other than in the bikeshop).
I called InsideOut sports and they said they thought an ergomo dealer would be down there, but they didn't know who to contact. . .

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK I admit I am out of my element. Just re-setting has always worked for me. Next suggestions are:

1) I agree don't mess with the original firmware yet as you may need to return this one under warranty.
2) assuming you got from LBS go back there and have them take a look.
3) try Inside Out next week at IMFL (I thought this was a critical piece for you doing IMFL next weekend but looks like you are just starting with power so you have some time to figure it out.
4) Ring up Rich Strauss at www.cruciblefitness.com. He is one of the resident experts around here and an Ergomo dealer. Has helped me via email a couple times and I am sure would be happy to help (right Rich :-).
5) Go to ergomo website.
6) Turn it in and get a new one (I'm sure under warranty). Through an Ergomo dealer or direct to them.

In any case don't give up. Contrary to some advice I believe you've got a valuable and (in my experience) reliable piece of equipment. I've had mine since May and love it; it was out in the rain for 12+ hours at IMOO and had no problems. And all I've ever had to do is reset (3 times total all because battery died). You may have just gotten a bad unit

Good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's been suggested, but make sure you're resetting it with a paper clip, not an ink pen...i actually went a couple of days already thinking mine was broken - same EXACT problems as you're having...i kept "resetting" it with a pen & it actually wasn't getting far down enough to reset it. i finally tried a paperclip & it worked fine.

good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try charging it overnight. The battery bars do not mean anything while the unit is on the charger.

Then do the reset thing with a paperclip or small diameter hex key. Use the Ergoracer program to reset and configure the unit. Then put it on your bike and ride.

http://www.bicyclepowermeters.com/ergomo_FAQ.html is a great resource

Best of luck, let us know if it works. Mike
Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [MHG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried the reset pressing down all the way (I think) with a fine point pen - no resistance from the plastic surrounding the button.
I went ahead and upgraded the firmware (before I got the advice above that said not to). Can't image that would give me warranty issues . . .Anyway, after the firmware upgrade, I was able to use the bottom button to get to the menu about 4 times. Thought I had it fixed, but the same problem showed up again. Sounds like a defective button to me.
I have one good friend who raves about his, but he mentioned there were some problems with some units. I am hoping I can get it swapped out either before I leave on Wednesday morning, or at the IM Florida expo.
Thanks for your help and suggestions, everyone. I will try and touch base with Rich Strauss tomorrow. If anyone who knows him can have him send a PM my way??

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I have tried the reset pressing down all the way (I think) with a fine point pen -

Having read this I will go back to my original post; humor us all and try with a paper clip. I still really think you have a re-set issue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Charles,

Send me an email: mitch@counterpartcoaching.com

I think I can help.

Mitch

Counterpart Coaching.com

Counterpart Coaching Training Camps
Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [Mitch Gold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Mitch. Huge help. Will keep you posted.

Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [Irondicknixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My reputation is more important than a few dollars.

Richard Nixon
?????
Quote Reply
Re: brand new Ergomo not working- will a rep be at IMFL? [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Selling somthing I do not have faith in.

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply