Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona IM Pics
Quote | Reply
For anyone interested, here is a link to some pics that I took in Kona last weekend.

http://jeffborah.spaces.live.com/...=0&_c=PhotoAlbum

There are some decent pictures of some of the top pros, and some that are just so-so (I was trying to keep my two young boys from killing each other most of the time!)

It was fun to watch, and I my 5-year-old is now a huge Michellie Jones fan. No surprise that it made me want to do this race even more than before.

Great job to all those that finished. If anybody wants one of the pics, just PM me.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Kona IM Pics [jborah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting these. The pics are numerous enough to really show how fit these folks are. Michellie Jones really looked leaned out and I am wondering if N.B. was almost too thin for this race. I know her bike split was great as usual and she had stomach issues during the race...but she almost looks tooooo thin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice work, thx

t~
Quote Reply
Re: Kona IM Pics [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks for posting these. The pics are numerous enough to really show how fit these folks are. Michellie Jones really looked leaned out and I am wondering if N.B. was almost too thin for this race. I know her bike split was great as usual and she had stomach issues during the race...but she almost looks tooooo thin.
You're welcome. All of the top athletes looked VERY lean to me. I guess I sort of expected that though. That is the first time that I've seen NB in person; so I'm not sure if she was any thinner than normal. She didn't look like she was struggling at mile 8 on the run... just not as quick. I didn't know about the stomach issues; it's too bad really, I was hoping for a neck-and-neck showdown between MJ and NB. Maybe next year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Very cool stuff.

One thing really stood out to me. I can hear the announcer saying, "Number 87, Lizbeth Kristensen, you left your headlights on."

It's also different to see the shots you don't see in magazines--like the shots of squirting gel in their mouths or mouth full of sports drink.
Last edited by: JonathanJCR: Oct 28, 06 18:24
Quote Reply
Re: Kona IM Pics [JonathanJCR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny. :) What I thought was really interesting was that she was running w/ a camelbak. When she went by a little after 2 miles, there was heavy condensation on it, like it was really cold... maybe filled w/ice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice pics! Hope you don't mind if I post these on this thread. A friend was there and took these pics which I think is a pretty funny sequence from the swim start:

http://i14.tinypic.com/49gfzhu.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/4gg6xwz.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/43pczte.jpg

As far as Kristiansen's camelbak maybe Lee Zohlman (leezee) will see this and comment as I think he is her manager and was there in Kona. I assume it was not just ice but was liquids as I think she switch camelbaks at the special needs. Supposedly she loses A LOT of fluid on the run...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona IM Pics [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are great pics... they really show some of the chaos of the swim start. I'll bet that official got hammered a few times!

Thanks for sharing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great pic's thanks for sharing!

~T-Racer~
Quote Reply
Re: Kona IM Pics [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loved the swim start pics. I hope they never change to wave starts - it's a part of the IM experience that makes the race special. That mass of frothed up water consuming the ref is priceless. I think I would have dove underneath and popped up on the other side.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job Jeff! I feel like a rock star being in the same album as the pros. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did the pics go? It says they're temporarily unavailable...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona IM Pics [SMC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, the site is blocked at work, but I'll check it out when I get home. Maybe the server is busy? If you try again and get this error, please let me know.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff - Great pictures! Like the one with Christine hanging the banner at hot corner! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Kona IM Pics [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Z! You mean that girl hanging the banner was my wife!?!? Man, I thought she looked hot! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's working now that I try on a PC. Darn Macs!

Great pics. I can't believe how huge and ripped Norman's legs are!!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona IM Pics [SMC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Good to know you were able to get to them.

Norman looked really ripped in general. Obviously those legs can do the job on the bike, and his running wasn't too shabby either IMHO.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona IM Pics [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Eric! To me, that's one of the coolest things about this sport... you're right there on the same course at the same time as the pros. Congrats on finishing!

Jeff
Quote Reply