Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does anyone else hate their Garmin 305???
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one who thinks this unit is for the birds. My 20 mile run test with it determined the following.

1. The pace calculator on it was totally inaccurate. My friends is the same way.

2. The first ten miles of the run were dead on with distance as I had measured it in my car. I didnt lose the satellite at all. What was whacked was that I returned the exact same way and the satellite connection went in and out 3 or 4.

My 20 mile run actully was measured by the Garmin at "17.5 miles". This was not a shaded course with mountains and heavy foliage. It was open roads.

Like my buddy told me, "When the Garmin works its awesome, when it doesnt it sucks" In my opinion, the technology is a couple of years away before they get the unit down so it is accurate AND wrist sized.

Did I also mention my wrist bones were pt. tender for three days.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else hate their Garmin 305??? [Jeff Spicoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Love mine.

Pace calculator does suck. I put up average pace in a window instead, and I also have it set to autolap every mile...that usually gives me enough awareness of my pace.

I have never, ever lost lock once its got it, even under very dense forest in British Columbia, except for one time, and that was after trying it in Victoria, BC, after coming from Ohio, and I don't think it realized that it had moved and was trying to lock on to sats that weren't in view very well. After that one hiccup, its been great.

Never had an issue with a wrist bone being sore.

Spot

Quote | Reply
yup, I returned mine for those exact same reasons. I bought it specifically for the pace calculator, distance was a bonus. Since I already have a good polar; the fact that these to functions didn't work as advertised meant it wasn't worth the $350.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, have to agree with Spot.

Used mine for the first time this week & it has been great. I had a lot of problems with the 201, but my 305 picks up the satellites in seconds ( even when cloudy), the dist is dead on and never dropped the signal. I run off heart rate so I'm not that concerned with actual pace. The split pace I get after each mile is accurate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, mine works great. Maybe I don't run fast enough, but the pace calculator seems to be perfect on mine as long as I'm going steady.

Quote | Reply
Never any problems with the GPS on the unit.

I do, however, have a problem considering it has been sitting dead on my desk for a month. Don't ever take that thing in the water; shut down and won't turn back on.

---------------------------------------------
Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding it hurts.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else hate their Garmin 305??? [Recall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to state the obvious, but did you try a reset? Power button plus the lap button. Hopefully that works for you.

Ladera Cyclery...Gone but not forgotten..
F.I.S.T. Certified, UBI Trained Mechanic
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else hate their Garmin 305??? [rpombrio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, how do you get yours to show 5:52 for an 8 mile run, average pace?

Also, that above plus show it for running in Heart Rate zone 1 or 2.

That's what I want it to show.

I can't get mine to show this. Mine shows 8:45, or 9:10 everytime I look down at average pace in a heart rate zone 4 or 5 or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else hate their Garmin 305??? [Recall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same problem here dude. Went for a swim, and the thing filled up with water - hasn't worked since. If I pressed the face of the watch afterwards, water would bubble out. Spoke to one of the dealers, he's already had 3 exchanged for the same reason. Planning on sending mine back, manual says waterproof to 1m for up to 30 min.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it will help but you might want to update your firmware via the Garmin site to be sure yours is the most current. It's possible that there have been bugs fixed, upgrades, etc. since your unit was assembled. I recently did this with my Edge 305 Bike Computer and it solved a couple issues I was having; not to mention that they have also made some improvements to their "Training Center" software (although it still sucks).
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else hate their Garmin 305??? [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solid. I think if you just put more a JohnnyO effort in on your runs, this would happen.