Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike rental in Vegas?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any info on bike rentals in Las Vegas. I'll be there for a few days at a conference in a couple of weeks and wouldn't mind taking advantage of some warmer weather.

Having never been there, is there anywhere around the city to ride (safely).

Thanks, Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rental in Vegas? [itseazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ian,

I was in the same situation a number of months ago. I couldn't find anywhere to rent a tri bike, so I ended up renting a road bike from Las Vegas Cyclery. It was a good experience....nothing negative to report.

Good luck,

p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get in to LV next thursday for a seminar as well.

Any idea where to run? I assume in the mornings along the strip?

How about a pool?

I think this has been covered but I did not search.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rental in Vegas? [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't get in until Tuesday, Nov. 14 but so far those are good leads. The road bike will be fine, how was the riding?

I'll check out Las Vegas Cyclery for some good routes.

Thanks again, Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you find a bike go to lake Mead area. Good biking great water to swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rental in Vegas? [pskut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the Las Vegas Cyclery nomination. I rented two road bikes from them and road from their front door west to the Red Rock Canyon Park, thru the hills there and back into town. It is a beautiful ride.

It can be difficult to get a cab from the shop back to the strip. Plan accordingly.

As for running, mornings along the strip are always eye openers.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rental in Vegas? [ATX TRIHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't go for a run off the strip when you're there. Rumour has it that the crack slums basically start just around the corner off the strip and you don't want to get shot or mugged... The Las Vegas running club meets for a 3-7 mile run every Wednesday at 6:00 pm at the Niketown store in Caesar's Palace forum shops (in the middle of the strip) if you want to run while you are there. Tourists are welcome and is likely why the locals come down to the strip for this run once a week. I meant to go but didn't make it. http://www.lvtc.org/

Hit the pavement with the NIKETOWN Running Club every Wednesday at 6PM at the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. We meet year round at NIKETOWN Las Vegas, rain or shine. The group meets, stretches, and runs or walks between 3 to 7 miles. Your choice your pace. Then, socialize and enjoy post-run refreshments. For more information, call 702-650-8888 or go to www.nikerunning.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bike rental in Vegas? [Hellodavey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks mate I will keep that in mind. The seminar I am going to is pretty time consuming so my free time is very limited. I will stay out of the crack slums for sure.
Quote Reply