Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheelset?
Quote | Reply
Anybody familiar with Fetish Cycles Carbon Aero Wheels? They're 50mm deep. Just wonder if anybody's had any experience with them or knows someone that uses them.

Last edited by: cyclng: Oct 27, 06 4:13
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset? [cyclng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I have them. They came a little out of true and have only test-ridden them so far. Fetish Cycles didn't have the spoke tool on hand, but informed me that it is the tool that is used for the FSA deep dish carbon wheels.

Unfortunately I havn't raced in a while so they havn't gotten a full test. They seem like fairly good wheels and as far as I can tell, are just rebadged versions of a stock mold from overseas.

I paid $500 for mine, so I figured it was worth the risk.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset? [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...seem not very popular at least w/tri-geeks.

I paid a little more, but they seem like they'll perform well, so a believe a worthy investment/worth risk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone posted once that they're the same wheels as the Planet-X and the HED Stingers. If that's true I'd go for the HED because of their customer service.

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"not very popular at least w/tri-geeks."

Don't know anything about these particular wheels but there seems to be a lot of brand recognition among trigeeks. If something suddenly becomes cool everybody has to have it and overlooks similiar products that do the same job. There also seems to be a lot of people who want to believe that just because something costs more it always delivers more.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheelset? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well said cerveloguy. btw, didn't you get rid of your cervelo? It seems to be the buzz lately. I wanted Ti and almost got a QR TiPhoon, but wound up with a Seduza. I wanted a set of race wheels and came across the fetish cycles wheels. Think they'll be fine. Was looking for something like a 50-60mm wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I sold my P2k. Haven't decided what I'm replacing it with. It's not much of a priority at the moment because we're going to Oz for the World's since my wife qualified and that won't leave much spare coin left in the piggy bank. So a new tri bike will have to wait awhile.
Quote Reply