Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Why is it so late in the season?
Quote | Reply
Ok, I know that you have to wait for all the qualifying races. But I am completely burned out, trying to hang on for two more weeks. IMMoo was the A race and this Clearwater race is being done because my ,now, wife thought that it was cool for me to qualify for and race in. Help, I am starting to hate my workouts. Ran 12 miles this morning, and if I did not have company, it would have totally sucked. I don't know just ranting a bit and in need of some support to get thru the next two weeks of training. Now she tells me that I should finish top 100, crap I never thought that I would get pressure like this from her. I just want to finish and get it over with.

I just keep on hearing "It is the world championship of the 1/2IM you have to do it" Two more weeks, two more weeks...

ok, i feel a bit better now

Thanks for the help,

Paul

Looking like a color blind super hero!
Damn triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Why is it so late in the season? [Rockhopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally feel your pain. I was feeling great back in Mid September time frame, but lately I've just lacked the motivation to see it through to the end. This is only my second year in triathlon and last year my season was from June-August. This year I started training for the Boston Marathon in January and haven't stopped since. All I want to do these days is ride the cyclocross bike on weekends. I'm hoping that my theory of being well rested for a race holds true down in Clearwater. Just know that you aren't alone.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Why is it so late in the season? [boone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After Timberman, I was disappointed that I just missed a Clearwater slot, but now I'm actually glad. It's cold up here in Boston, and I'm enoying my downtime from training. I'm doing just enough to maintain my fitness and keep my weight in line. I know that it would be very hard for me to maintain any sort of enthusiasm or intensity for Clearwater right now.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Why is it so late in the season? [ST] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, I'm in the boston area too. As I went on my ride yesterday in the Concord/Carlisle area I couldn't help but notice that I was the only one riding. 2 months ago at that time of day I would have probably seen 100 cyclists in the two hours on those roads! Not only was it cold, but dark! Looks like it is time to pull out the trainer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. WInter sucks - I would be running out of gas myself - "peaked" for a Mary two weeks ago, and just barely.... Cold and dark.. yuck... Just be grateful for your wife's support and enthusiasm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So true. Its getting cold and biking in the cold is no fun at all. I've been getting through it by thinking of how warm and sunny it will be down in FLA.

--------------------------

Team Timex 2014
@ajhodges
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Why is it so late in the season? [boone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Haha, I'm in the boston area too. As I went on my ride yesterday in the Concord/Carlisle area I couldn't help but notice that I was the only one riding. 2 months ago at that time of day I would have probably seen 100 cyclists in the two hours on those roads! Not only was it cold, but dark! Looks like it is time to pull out the trainer![/reply]

I ride out there all the time. Let me know if you ever want to put a ride together. I wimped out and rode the trainer yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are not alone. The cold weather that is hanging around the Carolinas is making "Serious" training tough. This is my last heavy training week and then into taper mode. It can not come soon enough. I still get a bit excited thinking about IMMoo next year!

See you in Clearwater!

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear ya Paul-

I qualified at Eagleman, raced Lake Placid, and started the season at a race in Florida in February. I'm ready for a break.

But look at it this way-Tampa is 22 miles away, the race is on a Saturday, and i'll do a shot for every competitor above the age of 55 that beats me. But only if Flanagan and Ryan Jones (who owes my 200 bucks) will do it with me.

Use the race and the post-race partying as a way to celebrate the conclussion of a great year. It could be worse-you could be Chris Legh, a race favorite, training for your 623rd Half-Ironman of the year!
Last edited by: eganski: Oct 25, 06 12:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't agree more. I'm just done at this point. Started with CA70.3 in March and didn't stop until Moo last month. I've done nothing since except a couple half hearted runs. If my parents didn't live 20 minutes from Clearwater I'd probably bail on the race, as it is now I've decided that it'll be good to see what an 8 week taper (and ~10 pounds) will do for my performance ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two more weeks then you can rest:).... Im not sure how you do it, I was toast after IMOO.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Why is it so late in the season? [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in, but I really hope no 55 year olds beat me, because I haven't been drinking and 2 shots would make me completely f'd up. Now I gotta go for a run, since shots are on the line.
Quote Reply