Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Could Lance in his prime beat Phidipides in the marathon?
Quote | Reply
I dont think so.
Quote Reply
Re: Could Lance in his prime beat Phidipides in the marathon? [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I dont think so.

No. I disagree. I think he definitely could, and will this year at the NYC Marathon.

Also remember that Phidipides died afterwards.

http://iron-boom.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Could Lance in his prime beat Phidipides in the marathon? [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that with armor or without.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, Phidipides ran ~52+ miles, Lance is only going to run half that (if he does not DNF).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phidipides does a much better post-race interview.
Quote Reply
Re: Could Lance in his prime beat Phidipides in the marathon? [Wags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he left absolutely nothing on the table.

Quote | Reply
That's really funny. I'm going to go to bed on that note. Thanks:)
Quote Reply
Re: Could Lance in his prime beat Phidipides in the marathon? [Tri Poseur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually Pheidippides ran from Athens to Sparta and presumably back (somewhere around 250km each way). The stories of him running from Marathon to Athens (and possibly from Athens to Marathon first) and dying afterwards appear much later and are far less credible.

Stuff I like:
PBscience Triathlon Coaching and Lab Testing
Quote Reply