Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to stay for IMLou?
Quote | Reply
Where should I try to book a room?
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay for IMLou? [Superman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Galt House would be the best bet. Only $139/night (3 night min). It is right on the river, right downtown, host hotel, and right by the start/finish. Next best would be the Seelback Hilton (same price). Both FAR nicer than most anything in, say, LP or the ridiculous Ho Jo's at IMFL.

Re: Where to stay for IMLou? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know anything about the Marriot Residence Inn? I think it is less than half a mile from the finish line.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay for IMLou? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. I got my rooms at the Seelbach (sp), the lady said it was close. I got 1 room for Thurs-Sun night, and 1 room for Fri-Sun night. I know my parents will be going, and with little ones it is nice to have a home base close to the start/finish. I'm hoping to improve on my 1:15 swim at IMOO, my 1st IM.

I'm pumped!!! I have secretly wanting to sign up, but not sure what the wife thought. When it popped up on the screen during the Kona coverage, she told me to pull the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonderful wife! I know it has to be warmer than MOO was this year!

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay for IMLou? [gj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a fine hotel, the Seelbach is 4/5 star hotel. Plenty of chain hotels if you want to save some $$ just a few miles from the start. It really is something that the Seelbach has a $139 room rate. I paid that for the Economy Inn at LP!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even though those prices aren't bad I need to save where I can so I got room at the Quality Inn about 2 miles away. I paid $76 a night. Free parking, hot breakfast included, pool for kids, and good reviews. There are some good looking places in IN right over the river but I was concerned the bridges might be closed or congested for the family on race day.

I can't wait - my first IM!
Quote Reply
Re: Where to stay for IMLou? [gj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Residence Inn is fine, but the Galt house is worth the extra though.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply