Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Speedplay Pedals...why so great? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom,

Real easy to grease the pedals. On the outboard side of each pedal is a single phillips screw. Just take that screw out and set the grease gun in and give it one or two good squirts and you are set. have ridden these for years and love'em. Thanks for all your great posts and the great pics from interbike. Look forward to coming up to your store sometime. Take care.

Craig in Alabama
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Pedals...why so great? [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"however, on the other, gear weight is a greater proportion of total weight for a smaller (lower weight)."

Um, that's not the other hand, that's my argument. Gear weight becomes a smaller proportion of vehicle weight as the weight of the rider increases, therefore, the weight of your gear matters less the heavier the rider becomes. Working the other direction means that the lighter you are the more gear weight matters (but I figured that was implicit in my original statement).
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Pedals...why so great? [craigtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just talking to a buddy of mine on the phone who described the same process and said it was relatively straightforward.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Pedals...why so great? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is great. Have a great weekend.

Craig in Alabama
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Pedals...why so great? [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you trying to say i'm some sort of idiot who can't read?

uhm, if that's the case, it appears you're right. (i reread what you wrote - it seems that i didn't really read it at first).

sorry for the confusion,

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Pedals...why so great? [craigtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one set with the screw, and one without (first year, I think) Without the screw in the endcap, you have to remove the pedal to lubricate because the grease injector is too small when you remove the entire end cap. I think it's a torx screw to remove the pedal body from the spindle.
Quote Reply
Re: Speedplay Pedals...why so great? [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heh. i like your attitude.
Quote Reply

Prev Next