Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Biofreeze
Quote | Reply
I saw some posts from about a year ago about Biofreeze. If you have used it, what do you think about it? Is it good for knee pain or achillies tendonitis?
Quote Reply
Re: Biofreeze [strongontherun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is wonderful stuff, but be careful about using to mask something that could be serious. Better to find the source of the pain. BUT, sometimes you just gotta work through stuff, and in that case, biofreeze pretty much rules...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used it, wasnt that impressed with it. I had knee pain too (torn meniscus), iced it and used alcis cream and a couple of cortisone shots.

http://alcis.com/

- Burner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used Biofreeze - decent stuff - makes the area of application all warm/cool and tingly.
Better stuff to use, in my opinion, is ALCiS Daily Relief. Can get it on line, and I swear by it. Basically uses asprin-like medication, but gets further into the tissue than Aspercreme. I have used it on knees, back and feet - excellent relief. Love the stuff. they sponsor some races and maybe a tri team on the west coast, I think.

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes great chamois cream :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very good product, I have used it a lot for torn muscles and after treatment at physio and chiro.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its good stuff and the smell lasts shorter than other rubs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know, I sell biofreeze in my office, I use it on patients, I think it's ok, nothing exceptional BUT those things sell like crazy. people love it, especially elderly patients. I do zero marketing for it, and we are always out of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - if a topical rub is called for, it is one of my favorites as well. Mostly for sore muscles/joint from overuse though. Won't help much for achilles tendonitis issues if that is your query.

Quote | Reply
I got a chair massage at work last week and the therapist rubbed it into my back and shoulders when she was finishing. Felt pretty damn good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used Biofreeze, but only for temporary pain inhibition after a massage or chiropractic treatment. Also feels good on sore muscles after a race.

But I've found something I like much better--Chinagel. http://chinagel.com. It's more like a cream that you can rub all over, and smells good, too. It's awesome after a summer massage--in the winter, you will feel frozen, which can be a good thing. It seems to give a much longer lasting "freeze" than Biofreeze does.
Quote Reply
Re: Biofreeze [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. It is the best of topicals.

========================

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just a little word of warning... do not, under any circumstances, put it on your man jewels!
Quote Reply