Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicely put zach.

And the hoopla with the bike check in brought out some "normal" people who were in town and at the hotel. They had questions about why the guys were doing a survey of the bikes, what the bike check was looking for and just some basic interest. It's all good.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [DoubleTrouble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not my cup of tea, jewelry with conflict diamonds. i would rather wear a ring from a cracker jacks box.

http://www0.un.org/.../africa/Diamond.html

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You gotta take a step back and realize that you have 2,000 people who have come from all over the world. In their own area, they are very different from almost everyone else because they do Ironman. After the race you will all go your seperate ways and will have to deal with the people back home who are not accepting of your lifestyle (yell at you while you run, nearly hit you with their cars...etc, etc) So why not be happy that you have so many cool people together in the same place and just enjoy things.

very well said. and a great philosophy.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing that's them 1) because Uncle Phil above says they're not in Kona, and 2) how many crazy mohawked saucony wearin' couples can there be?? They're pretty awesome, huh?

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [tri_gear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't dish the M-Dot before the big day!!!![/B

dish?

You mean "dis" (i.e., disrespect)? I'm just jumping in here before jhc shows ub with his urbandictionary link.

------------------------------------

If I see ONE MORE Green Bay Packer logo, I'm going to hurl!

Even ONE Packer logo is too many.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Oct 20, 06 21:08
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [Bones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, you're in Hawaii and at THE IM race.

This would be like going to St. Louis right now and complaining about "all the red".

Perspective.

BTW, you're in Hawaii ... don;t let little things annoy you.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]OH, he's racing and going hard too.[/reply]

really? cool! I always thought that pilots were not allowed to do running/cardio b/c it would cause them to not be able to put up with as many Gs as if they just lifted... but then again all I know comes from the discovery channel, so feel free to correct me :)
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [Bones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinda like all those rainbows in Provincetown. Aargh.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [ironboom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And others have trained their butts off so they can where the MDot logo.

Do people really train so they can wear the M-Dot logo?

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Observation #2: If I see 1 more Mdot logo I'm going to hurl! [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
some do

i have a friend with 4 tattoo's from racing (3x mdot +1x madiera SC worlds). it's a badge (all ankles) for him and was pretty impt.

another friend has an anklet, and has enough finishes to get the other ankle tattoo'd. something like 20+ finishes.

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply

Prev Next