Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wetsuit for soma(HIM probably 72degrees)? yes or no
Quote | Reply
first half iron, what do you guys think? im leaning towards no. also im trying to go fast, not just finish so yes, seconds do matter for me.

and fast means fast for me... i guess its all relative
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit for soma(HIM probably 72degrees)? yes or no [frankienm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Water 72 degrees F - dude, it's a no brainer!
Without a doubt...wear the wetsuit!
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit for soma(HIM probably 72degrees)? yes or no [frankienm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would even consider not wearing a wetsuit?

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit for soma(HIM probably 72degrees)? yes or no [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so whats usually the cutoff of when you should wear one??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cutoff for USAT races is above 78 degrees. For the vast majority of people there is no reason NOT to wear a wetsuit until it is too warm and they are not allowed. There are a few people that overheat right around the cutoff, but not most. 72 isn't even close. I would be cold swimming a 1/2IM in 72 without a wetsuit. I could do it, no problem, but I'd be a heck of a lot more comfortable temp. wise with a wetsuit, not to mention approximately 3 minutes faster.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frank,

The lake temp will be around 70*F. We will have 30 wetsuit strippers for you as you exit the water to save time. The air temperature race morning will be around 65*F - fyi. Good luck!

Jeff Suffolk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NO!

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit for soma(HIM probably 72degrees)? yes or no [KEJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sleeveless,,,YES!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are 55-59, NO! don't wear one.

Unless you are an elite swimmer, the little extra time to remove the suit is nothing compared to the time you'll gain with it. You will likely gain 5-20 seconds per hundred meters. Probably 10-15. That 3-5 minutes. I'm wearin'

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit for soma(HIM probably 72degrees)? yes or no [jeffsuffolk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jeff, why are the ladies 14-34 in the very last wave? I'm sure it's one of those can't-please-all-the-people-all-the-time situations, but the waves last time I checked on the website had the women 25-29 going in the second wave...

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to a great race on the 29th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have even wore a suit at 80. 72, no brainer, free 10% speed.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fast = wearing a wetsuit AND skipping the strippers. You need to keep going forward to save time, strippers mean you stop (while others run away from you), lay down, then stand back up (now you have to go chase them and make up :15sec). But if you are in the M35-39 use the strippers!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Oct 20, 06 18:54
Quote Reply