Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who is better, Macca or Simon Lessing?
Quote | Reply
Both of them have won just about everything there is to win, except for Kona. So who is better?

http://iron-boom.blogspot.com
Last edited by: ironboom: Oct 19, 06 18:40
Quote Reply
Re: Who is better, Macca or Simon Lessing? [ironboom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THey are both great, and either can win on any day. Why does one have to be better? I would trade places with either one of them. :o)

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Check back late Saturday and I"ll have the answer for you.

18x Ironman, 3x Hawaii
US Army (Ret.), Vietnam Vet ('71-'72)
Quote Reply
Re: Who is better, Macca or Simon Lessing? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
THey are both great, and either can win on any day. Why does one have to be better? I would trade places with either one of them. :o)

Dave

Dave, with all do respect, did you grow up in the peace-loving hippy era? Triathlon is a competitive sport, not Woodstock. By definition, they race (and train) to better their competitors. As Ricky Bobby said, "If you ain't first, you're last."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lessing in the nineties and Macca in the 2000's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lessing
Quote Reply
Re: Who is better, Macca or Simon Lessing? [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca is definitely better. The man is the most complete triathlete out there. The other reason he is great is because he keeps trying ie Hawaii. Lessing who knows the man drops out of way to many ironmans.

Brendan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, at 49 I missed the hippy generation. I guess as I have gotten older, competitive sport means different things to me. When I was younger it was me or nothing. What has, or had impressed me about this sport is how few egos I have seen. I have yet to ever win a race in my AG. But, when I have placed, I sure dont look at the ones who "beat" me as competition. I race against myself. I dont know how old you are, but I promise you, what you value when you are young, is NOT what is valued when you get older. Maybe the younger folks stick it to each other, but I sure know that all the older folks that I race against, and talk with before and after the races, we are just glad to be out there. What is funny is I am not getting folks asking me what I do for training. I just smile since this has never happened to me. So, I love to pass along all the tricks and mistakes I have made over the years. And if it allows one of them to "beat" me, that will mean more to me than any first place medal.

I did smile when I read the comments about wildflower. I have done it twice. And, I guess I was not really impressed with some aspects because it looks like a Woodstock, which is something I never was into, and have no desire to ever join. I get off by life, not drugs.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad Lessing isn't doing Kona this year. I would've liked to have seen them go head-to-head again. Is Macca doing the 70.3 Champs?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Macca is doing the 70.3 championships! check out his website for details
Quote Reply
Re: Who is better, Macca or Simon Lessing? [trijalapeno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair Macca has dnf'ed twice in IM races and Lessing three times, hardly grounds to state - 'Lessing who knows the man drops out of way to many ironmans' - now is it.

Both great athletes, both great people and good luck to them at 70.3 Clearwater.

Ben Bigglestone
http://www.vo2multisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
macca will dnf in kona, then head to clearwater to do a make good.

Lessing will then rock him there and win the overall.

Alexander 2nd

Legh 3rd.
Quote Reply