Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No IMNA slots @ Eagleman?!
Quote | Reply
I just got the IMNA newsletter, stating the allocation of slots for IMNA races this year - no slots for IMCdA, LP, Wis or FL at Eagleman!
Anyone else find that strange? Usually there are slots for all of those races at E-Man that roll down through the age-groupers who didn't get the coveted Hawaii slots.

Quote Reply
Re: No IMNA slots @ Eagleman?! [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't read the newsletter yet but...
1) feel that Vigo knows that the event will sell out anyway(sometimes they go really deep to get folks to take those race entries anyway).
2)Races have to pay a fee for those spots to IMNA.
3)Most everyone, who's fast enough(not me), want a Kona spot.
4)They are trying to get you to WANT the 70.3 spots.

That being said, my friend got a Wisconsin spot a couple of years ago, at Cambridge, that then lead to a great finish in Madison. He took his Kona spot there and had his best time ever in Hawaii.
VIGO! KEEP OUR DREAMS ALIVE!!!

I heard also that St Croix does not have Kona spots listed, as yet, for next year. If not, I won't go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a look - http://www.ironmannorthamerica.com/qualify/ironmanraces.php

~~~

- Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, it looks like they are not listing IM Malaysia again on their website, although I believe they have slots there again in 2007.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: No IMNA slots @ Eagleman?! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No mention of IM Louiville, either.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: No IMNA slots @ Eagleman?! [mjshapiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the list of races that had qualifying slots for THIS Hawaii IM - Eagleman still has slots for next year's Hawaii IM, as well as the 70.3 championships (part of what makes it soooooo popular - It is already sold out for 2007!). Eagleman usually also has slots for the IMNA races.
I wonder how many people who got shut out of IMLP and IM Wis signed up for Eagleman thinking they might be able to get a slot there (It's usually not too tough to get an IMNA slot becuase they roll down past the overall AG winners who want the HA slots.).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't count on IMNA slots at Eagleman. As everyone may recall, for a while last year, the IMNA slots were taken off the table for races other than IMNA races. I know at Timberman we weren't allowed to have them, while we had for the previous 2 years.

Finally, the slots were added back for 2006. I believe it was only going to be for 2006, though.
Quote Reply
Re: No IMNA slots @ Eagleman?! [mjshapiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is the one to look at....

http://www.ironmannorthamerica.com/qualify/imnaqual.php

I noticed back when the IMMOO/IMCdn lottery talk was going on that Ralph and the Florida Half were listed with 50 slots for each IMNA slots (I think they had 25 each in previous years) and Eagleman and other non-IMNA races weren't listed with any.

It should be noted that this published list has changed without notice before.
Quote Reply
Re: No IMNA slots @ Eagleman?! [surferdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As was said, it was the same thing this year ..... it wasn't until about the last month or so away that the CTA announced they had Kona and FL/WI/LP slots.

And they didn't even roll down the WI/FL/LP slots, they did it as a raffle where if you wanted one of the 30 slots (total in all, not for each race), you put your name in a box and they drew participants. But you still had to pay the entry fee of course .......

I'd say wait and see ..... Eagleman has been sold out for a few weeks now already. I got in again when there were about 300 slots left. :shrugs:

Quote | Reply
Although not indicative of reality, I note that the Eagleman Web site has logos for IMWisc, IMFL and IMLP.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply