Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoping to register for 2007 IM FLorida online
Quote | Reply
What is the chance that I will be successful trying to register for the 2007 IM Florida via the internet? Slim to none? Any tips on strategy other than having access to the fastest internet connection possible?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoping to register for 2007 IM FLorida online [newbritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if my experiences with Wisconsin are any indication you'll need to be poised at your computer, well prepared, necessary documents in hand (credit card #) with a spritely connection as soon as registration goes live.

I think the registration system works, but the races are extremely popular. As a result, you are basically buying tickets to a Beatles reunion- with John Lennon reincarnated. It's a hot ticket.

A couple tips:
  • Don't bog down your connection by trying to register with multiple machines using the same connection. I don't think active.com works well with that.
  • Make sure your connection and hardware are working well before registration comes up live.
  • The registration process includes questions like, "List your triathlon experience..." Obviously, you will want to be succint. Don't take the time to type a resume in there. Keep it super quick. Get through the flowery crap as soon as you can to get to the part where you pay.
  • Watch your e-mail for the confirmations and save them.
  • Check back on the event website to verify that your name is on the list, correctly spelled (since they check your photo I.D. at the event) and that you are in the right category.

Beyond that your chances are pretty decent for getting in. Wisconsin closed somewhere between 37 and 50 minutes depending on who you talk to. Based on the people I've seen here on the forum and in our store about three out of four who tried it got into Wisconsin during the "golden 37 minutes".

Good luck Man.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Oct 19, 06 13:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last Nov. I was worried about it as well. I sat at my computer and at the appropriate start time I started the process. I got through on the first try and was registered in 5min. My buddies got in easily as well. Just don't wait around for a few hrs. it may close out in 3 hrs again. Good Luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoping to register for 2007 IM FLorida online [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! Thanks for the help... If I am not mistaken reg for this opens on Sunday, Nov 5 in the am -- 9 or 10 am???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you register at active.com?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoping to register for 2007 IM FLorida online [Earlp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I am planning to do. Not aware of any other option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Set up (in advance) an account at Active.com. Sunday morning, check both the Active.com site and the IM FL site. Last year there was a link to register on the IM FL site (that sent you over to the registration page on Active) that was "operational" an hour or so prior to being able to look up IM FL directly on the Active.com site. I registered at about 8:30 CST. If you want to be sure to get in, I would start trying to register around 7:00 AM EST.

John F. Martin, Jr.
+1 (614) 403-0567
jfm225@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double and triple check the time zone on this relative to yours. If the event is registration on active.com it may be Pacific Standard Time.

Good luck man.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hoping to register for 2007 IM FLorida online [jfm225] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice. I am in the Eastern time zone, so I will work at getting on as early as possible. I appreciate the tips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im dying just waiting to register for IMFL. I think registering might be the first big challenge of my iron man adventure

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Historically Florida has filled faster than Wisconsin in the same year, and we know some people were locked out there. I think there is reason to be concerned. PCB is in the central time zone, but at times registration has opened a little early. You are going to need your CC number, USAT number and health insurance polcy number handy. Like someone else said, get logged into Active ahead of time and click through the registration process quickly and get to the payment part.

Thom
Quote Reply
Re: Hoping to register for 2007 IM FLorida online [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have to be a USAT member to register for an Ironman or can you get a one use membership for the event?

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Re: Hoping to register for 2007 IM FLorida online [suparuki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Do you have to be a USAT member to register for an Ironman or can you get a one use membership for the event?

One day is okay.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoping to register for 2007 IM FLorida online [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As a result, you are basically buying tickets to a Beatles reunion- with John Lennon reincarnated. It's a hot ticket.

Not worth it unless George is there too.

A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think your chances are around 3%.

Good luck
Quote Reply