Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Great deal on IMF condo, I switched to better digs and saved big $$
Quote | Reply
For anyone who, like me, is unsure about staying at the BBH, I found a condo complex next door that is a steal (Sunbird). I was going to pay $850 for 4 nights in an old hotel room with a microwave/fridge. I got 4 nights in a 1BR condo for $345, newly decorated, everything included. The owner has 2 more units for rent (first and fourth floors). I cancelled BBH tonight, and they didn't charge me the $25 cancellation fee. Here's the website for the condo: http://www.sunbirdcondo.com/

Just thought I'd pass it along.
Quote Reply
Re: Great deal on IMF condo, I switched to better digs and saved big $$ [Slowtwitchitan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that's the place in PCB that 60 minutes did a gig on, something about the comforters and sperm and I think lice.

Just kidding. The "old Boardwalk" is a dive for sure although I heard rumors about renovations. I stayed at the Gulfcrest Condos last year and that place rocked! The condo was all decked out in Tommy Bahama furniture. I had a 1 1/2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old exploring the condo everyday, gave me a work-out diving around and catching lamps, pictures, knick-knacks, etc. before the race even started. This year will be different though as I'll be spectating with the family drinking cold beer and feeling no stress at all. Good luck with the race and I hope the Sunbird works well for ya.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Great deal on IMF condo, I switched to better digs and saved big $$ [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how far was the gulfcrest from the start/finish?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Great deal on IMF condo, I switched to better digs and saved big $$ [jsd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gulfcrest was less than 1/2 mile walk from start/finish. Easy walk to the venue and expos. Pleasant walk for me morning of the race . Ideal location for family. Many competitors stayed there. Quiet. The run passed by the front of the Gulfcrest 4 times so ideal for family's convenience and warmth as it does get a little chilly once the sun sets. I tried to book there again this year but I was too late. Maybe something has since opened up there but my condo there was a 10/10. I'd be happy to answer more specific questions. Feel free to PM me.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Great deal on IMF condo, I switched to better digs and saved big $$ [Slowtwitchitan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Sunbird last year. Very nice, I would definitely go there again.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Great deal on IMF condo, I switched to better digs and saved big $$ [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think that's the place in PCB that 60 minutes did a gig on, something about the comforters and sperm and I think lice.

Just kidding. The "old Boardwalk" is a dive for sure although I heard rumors about renovations. I stayed at the Gulfcrest Condos last year and that place rocked! The condo was all decked out in Tommy Bahama furniture. I had a 1 1/2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old exploring the condo everyday, gave me a work-out diving around and catching lamps, pictures, knick-knacks, etc. before the race even started. This year will be different though as I'll be spectating with the family drinking cold beer and feeling no stress at all. Good luck with the race and I hope the Sunbird works well for ya.
Boy can I relate to that story. My wife and kids came out to CDA this year for the race, and I think I blew my taper trying to keep the rug rats from tearing up the lakehouse that we rented. No issue at IMF, because I'm flying solo. Thanks for the good wishes. This will be my second IM, and CDA was a rough day for me. I'm a Kansan, so hopefully flats and wind will be more to my liking. We don't have a lot of surf, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Classy blaming your kids for blowing your taper,,,,,,,,,,well at least you leaving the crap at home this time, prob with your wife in the kitchen where she belongs right?

t~
Quote Reply
Re: Great deal on IMF condo, I switched to better digs and saved big $$ [trvfsub2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh boy, just kidding. Gotta love ST.
Quote Reply