Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When is it really a good deal at Performance, Nashbar, etc.?
Quote | Reply
I get the bike catalogs all the time and I swear I've seen the same items for the same price all year long being touted as "biggest saving ever" or something like that. Is there ever really a time when to jump on some of these items. When shipping is free perhaps? Anyone know? Oh, and I also get the emails saying "last chance for 60% off this Friday." Does that mean it's going to be 70% off on Monday?
Quote Reply
Re: When is it really a good deal at Performance, Nashbar, etc.? [trifan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a pair of Crank Bro's Candy's yesterday for 55 bucks at the Perf here in Tempe. Worked for me!!!

They have sales a lot to turn over gear. Buy in bulk, sell cheap and turn over product. In Japan, the 7-11's have started using a GREAT new software to track what customers are buying and when. They're changing the layout of the store 3-4 times a day and getting 54 complete inventory turnovers a year. Perf is just using sign cards, mailers, small sales and what not to keep people involved to turn over product.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: When is it really a good deal at Performance, Nashbar, etc.? [trifan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm the cheapest dude ever, so I can take this one. I think the combination of the Performance 20% sale that comes around every few months coupled with the 10% special Team Performance discount makes for a good deal on everything they sell. It would bring the price of a PT wheel to about $700, which is the best i've been able to come up with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two words

Q Bike

http://www.qbike.com/deals/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
100% all items off on 4/1 I think. Actually that bugs me too, but I just price check a lot and they're typically one of the best/lowest.

Re: When is it really a good deal at Performance, Nashbar, etc.? [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm cheap as well. I check Q-bike, but most of the time Performance is the way to go. Wait for an item to go on sale, then use a 20% off coupon on that item, plus get your 10% Team Performance discount. In the end, how can you beat 30% off an item that is already n sale, plus free overnight shipping?

There are ALWAYS 10% or 20% off coupons floating around. Today I actually was e-mailed a 13% off coupon. Performance is the way to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a big fan of performance but they are the closest thing I have to a local bike shop so I go there when I need something quickly. Good thing is that they'll do a price match with no questions asked so it's very easy to get whatever you need at a significant discount off the in-store price and the performance points can help you get even a deeper discount.

You're right though, I've never been there when they didn't have some sort of "super sale" going on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can sometimes get nice closeouts at Nashbar for way cheap too.

I got my wife some nice Diadora road shoes, which were already down from like $150 to say $60, then had a 20% off internet coupon, and viola, now they're $48. W/ free shipping.

Ditto w/ Performance, especially when they have those double-points club weekends where you get 20% Team credit. Combine that with a 20% internet coupon and you are golden. I did just that a coupla years ago on a Burley D'Lite trailer, regularly $400, on sale for $350, 20% off down to $280 (which my buddy at the LBS told me was his cost, he had one he wanted to unload) then 20% ($56) credit towards the Team points. Net/net - I got it at cost, with a $56 credit. That's almost stealing.

Yes, much of the stuff in the weekly catalogs is the same, and not necessarily all that great a savings. But when you can play the game, you can save big $.

If you need something specific, then www.qbike.com is the place to shop for the best current price.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get Performance/Nashbar catalogs EVERY SINGLE WEEK in the mail! Their ad costs must be massive!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: When is it really a good deal at Performance, Nashbar, etc.? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and what is this Team Discount of which you speak?

i'd love to shop at either...whomever has the right deal, but i am FLOODED with info from them. i used to like to browse the catalogs, but who has time for that?

and qbike is a great resource that INCLUDES performance and nashbar prices too, right?
Quote Reply
Re: When is it really a good deal at Performance, Nashbar, etc.? [klointheridge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he's talking about the membership to performance team. Check their website. By paying for a membership, they give you an extra 10% credit back of of each purchase. The credit can be used for future purchases.
Quote Reply
Re: When is it really a good deal at Performance, Nashbar, etc.? [CY TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotcha. thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: When is it really a good deal at Performance, Nashbar, etc.? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where do you get the 20 percent off coupon? I get the catalogues each week but I'm not sure I've seen that one.

Thanks,
Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: When is it really a good deal at Performance, Nashbar, etc.? [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to be patient and keep checking the site. If you're a member they will send you emails alerting you of the coupons.The 20% coupons only occur every few months for a week or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I get the bike catalogs all the time and I swear I've seen the same items for the same price all year long being touted as "biggest saving ever" or something like that.

i would venture that you have never worked in retail, or at least not where you saw true wholesale and then retail prices for the same items. so to help you out, a guide:

"biggest saving ever" = regular generous retail mark-up

normal, non-sale retail = we know you need it right now, so at this price we will be able to buy new fixtures and that wide-screen TV for the lounge.

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: Greg x: Oct 14, 06 10:34
Quote Reply