Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Announing "Kona in SlowDef"
Quote | Reply
so that you know, we're doing something a little different in kona this year, and this is our announcement of it.

it's called "Kona in SlowDef" and we're using the term with great imprecision. by HiDef what we mean is, we're adding some color and a few more pixels to the race.

our "coverage" will take place on race day, and it's not race coverage per se. we're leaving that to the capable ironmanlive folks. yes, we'll spend some time on the play by play just to give you a rough idea what the hay-ell we're writing about, but our primary interest is in the stories, behind the scenes stuff, rumors and better-than-rumors about the folks in the mix on race day.

much of this editorial is going to be about the actual race leaders. some is going to be about AG race leaders. some of our reporting is going to be on the slowtwitchers as they race. but none of it is going to be the stuff mike riley and paul huddle will report, it's the stuff stuck on the bottom of their shoes as they're walking around -- that's what we'll report.

so, maybe it's a little john stewart, a little bill mahr, a little colbert report. some of its straight news on the competitors, and some is gay news, or whatever the converse to straight news is. more on this as we get closer.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Oct 12, 06 17:07
Quote Reply
Re: Announing "Kona in HiDef" [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May I suggest "Kona in SlowDef"?
Last edited by: TriBear: Oct 12, 06 16:56
Quote Reply
Re: Announing "Kona in HiDef" [TriBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope this wont alter www.ironmanlive.com - their sucky "low def" on again - off again coverage has a cult following that we have grown to love. Do they have the internet in Hawaii? I know they dont in Canada, and it is shoddy in LP and Madison WI.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Announing "Kona in HiDef" [TriBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" May I suggest "Kona in SlowDef"?"

oh man, that's better. that's so much better. i'd send you a tshirt, except we don't have those. the name is officially changed. god i love this forum.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Announing "Kona in HiDef" [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks
it sounds very exciting

dirt

me we Muhmmad Ali
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Announing "Kona in HiDef" [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" I hope this wont alter www.ironmanlive.com"

it won't affect or impact it at the least. in fact, we'll provide links to the relevant IMlive pages you'll want to go to, the appropriate windows opening and such.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply