Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SPOX Spinergy Wheels ... Any comments
Quote | Reply
Ya, I just asked if anyone on ST. has a comment about a wheel.

May God have mercy on my soul.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: SPOX Spinergy Wheels ... Any comments [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love mine... 600 miles one Ironman and no problems....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't ridden them, but hear they are comfortable.

Unfortunately, I was on ONE group ride with a peleton of about 30 riders. Half way through an intersection, a car decided to dissect the group. A bunch of people hit their brakes, and apparently, 2 of the cyclists who were piled into (by the people behind them) had SPOX and somehow the spokes got sheared (I didn't see it happen as I was at the back of the group - as usual). This was approximately 5 years ago? So, I'm not sure how they have been developed since then, but it was enough to make me nervous.

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
replacement spokes might be a bit hard to come by but you likely will never need one anyway...tough wheels..pretty light..not very aero. Depends on what you want them for I guess. I love mine but they too must go:-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I read somewhere that they're not aero at all. Can't remember where though. You might try searching the archives.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great training wheel. Used mine for over 5 yrs and never once had to true them. Gottem 50% off from Nytro so that was a deal.

S
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Spinergy Xaero's with the "Spox" (PBO) spokes. Never had any problems with them. Maybe not the stiffest wheel if you are heavy or a sprinter, though. I am neither.
Quote Reply