Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance - 2:45??? [Axles of Evil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The next question is, how well can he swim? Has he done any triathlons before?

LA was a pro triathlete back in the 80's as a teenager.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance - 2:45??? [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He started swimming and running before he started cycling.

There is a good article on him in Runners World where he playfully slams Lemond for being an overweight ex-athlete
Quote Reply
Re: Lance - 2:45??? [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.familyfitnessweekend.com/...okeTriLanceHighlight

for anyone who's not seen it

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Lance - 2:45??? [luckyleese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
http://www.familyfitnessweekend.com/...okeTriLanceHighlight

for anyone who's not seen it
That was great. I love Lance's gigantic sunglasses.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance - 2:45??? [grampy bone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome clip! Sweet 80's gear huh!

~~Ultraman in the making!~~

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
Quote Reply
Re: Lance - 2:45??? [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont see why Lance cant run under 2:50. When I ran Melbourne marathon in '93 I had two seasons of bike racing under my belt and exactly 6 months of running with one long run of what I thought was 30K, but was actually less than that as I overestimated my training loop. I ran 2:51 after being on pace for 2:49 at the halfway point and I dont have anything like Lances engine. I was a somewhat mediocre 1500 and 3000 meter runner with an aversion to hard training in high school, but had not run at all since Culture Club was making hit singles!

I think it is the dilution of the fields and increase of overall times in marathons that make us think that running under 3 hours is such a big deal. For someone with the aerobic ability that Lance sub 2:50 should be easy if he has put in a reasonable amount of training. After 35K its all a mental game and Lance has shown he has significant amounts of that.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: Lance - 2:45??? [flying wombat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think that for a man such as Lance Armstrong, with his beyond hectic appearance schedule, family and what ever else he may be doing, wouldn't have a whole lot of time to actually prepare for a marathon as far as training.

Though, I also realize he is a super bike stud, there's no question of this, and I know he has probably way higher ability than the normal mid thirty's something guy. He obviously has a history of zenith proportion. But he is a very busy person, and he has undoubtedly lost some ability over the last year.

I did watch his video clip on the NYC marathon, and his speculation was that he would finish 1 hour behind the winners.

I'm sure once again, the man will amaze us all! He always has!

~~Ultraman in the making!~~

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
Quote Reply
Re: Lance - 2:45??? [catmandu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He'll go under 2:45 no problem. I did one 16 and one 18 miler before doing a Fall marathon 10 days ago. PR'ed. It was my sixth marathon. I had no business PR'ing in that race with the lousy prep/focus. Now I'm paying the price with really sore calves and AT tendonitis. If you have the endurance base you can suffer through most anything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next