Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training with a Staph infection?
Quote | Reply
Somehow or another, I got a nice staff infection on my jawline. Swollen and hurts like all hell. I've been to the doc and got meds and all. I figure swimming is out of the question for a while, but does anyone think that a light jog or some spinning on the trainer is a problem? Yeah, I know, ask my doc. Well I like to get my financial advise from spam emails and my medical advice from people that pee on their bikes.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: Training with a Staph infection? [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a good idea. Putting stress on your body will negatively impact your immune system. Curl up on your couch until it clears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried it one time. It can get very bad, very quickly. Lie down and sleep alot until it is cleared up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know the answer. Ask your doc. The conventional wisdom is that exercising with an active infection increases infection risk to other organs, especially the heart and kidneys. Staph endocarditis is a very bad thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Training with a Staph infection? [joez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done and Done. Though I must say, it is frustrating as I just returned to serious training following some extended time off for an injury and bar exam prep. Yesterday was the first 'good' pool session I've had in months, and it felt like I was pushing past a sticking point.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply