Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

al Sultan vs. Brown vs. Beke vs. (dare I say) Deboom??
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone,

Now that we've settled on the women's 1, 2 and 3 finishers in Kona this year (Natascha, Michellie, Lori [in whatever order you want to put them in]), what about the men? With the departure of Peter Reid and the general aging of the old guard, who is going to take one of the top three spots this year? (Bell? Lovato?)

While you're scratching your head wondering how to respond, please take a minute and stop by my website at www.ponyexpressrun.com and buy one (or more) of the 60 remaining squares in my 6th Annual Hawaii Ironman Pool benefiting the Challenged Athletes Foundation. With 20 prizes to give away, your odds of winning are a staggering 1 in 5!

Each square costs $10.00, but because I will be getting every square purchased matched 2 for 1 through my company's matching gift program, the CAF will benefit to the tune of $30 for each square.

Thanks for your support!

Bobby Bostic

Oakland, CA

www.ponyexpressrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: al Sultan vs. Brown vs. Beke vs. (dare I say) Deboom?? [baselbutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: al Sultan vs. Brown vs. Beke vs. (dare I say) Deboom?? [baselbutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You sure seem to be pushing your pool a lot.

At least your topics are semi interesting.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: al Sultan vs. Brown vs. Beke vs. (dare I say) Deboom?? [Styk33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the post... The purpose of the pool is two-fold...

-Raise money for an amazing cause (Challenged Athletes Foundation)

-Makes watching the Ironman a little more interesting..

The good news is that as soon as I fill up the pool, I can stop advertising it.. : )

My picks are : Al Sultan (same strategy as last year), Stadler (won't flat twice this year), Brown....(will run down everyone in front of him except for Faris and Norman...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the support!

Only 58 more squares left!

- to the group, any thoughts on dark horse finishers in the top 10? Men or women.... I want to make sure I have everyone covered.

Thanks!

Bobby

P.S. go to www.ponyexpressrun.com to buy a square in my Ironman pool benefiting the CAF!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see you have Peter Reid's picture on your grid. Sure hope he isn't one of the possible winners in your pool (especially if I end up with him) seeing as he is now officially retired. I don't like his chances.
Quote Reply
Re: al Sultan vs. Brown vs. Beke vs. (dare I say) Deboom?? [paddy-o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there,

Thanks for the message. The pictures up now are for illustrative purposes only.. The only faces you'll see on the grid come race day are people actually in the water on race morning.

Thanks!

Bobby

www.ponyexpressrun.com (and then click on IRONMAN POOL)..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't count out Luc Van Lierde for a top-10 finish. Two-time winner and raced very well at a half-ironman in Monaco several weeks ago as part of his Hawaii build-up.

If he is healthy, well-trained, and "ON" he will be a factor.

Ray
Quote Reply
Re: al Sultan vs. Brown vs. Beke vs. (dare I say) Deboom?? [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll know about cool hand Luc by mile 40 of the bike... if he drops out, it's usually around there..

Thanks!

B
Quote Reply