Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Denizens of the gym [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
thought about this thread last week when I was at local Y. What is it with dudes that love walking ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE LOCKER ROOM with no towel, no clothes, just a limp member hanging out?? It's young guys and old guys that are offenders. I don't get it. I like being naked and don't have a problem changing in public but I also don't walk 80'-100' with it all hanging out just because!

Would you be more or less offended if it wasn't limp?
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL

my latest denizens are the ladies who yack at the instructor during Pilates. "I can't!" "Why is this so hard" "you didn't do this last week!"

it's not about you, STFU
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironic this thread has come up again.
My gym has a main aisle from the weights to the stairs that is about 6' wide.
Right in the middle was a dude laying on his stomach on top of an exercise ball doing what can only be described as "a monkey fucking a football".
It was disturbing and made even more awkward because he blocked the only walkway.
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too thought about this thread when at work last week. Though it's not really a gym scenario, rather office end of trip facilities.

I get to work a little earlier and I'm the first one there. Layout is basically a capital H. You walk in the locker area at the base of one side. The showers and few cubicle toilets are along the other side. In the middle is a connecting aisle which is where you collect and dispose the provided towels.

After turning off the water I hear someone else is in showering. I tend to change into underwear and undershirt in the shower cubicle, so after partially dressing I walk back to the connecting link wondering where the other person is because all the doors are open. Turns out not only does the guy shower with the door wide open, he picks the one opposite the connecting aisle so that anyone coming in has to shower has to walk right towards him first. He then walks out with nothing and proceeds to towel off in the middle of the locker room facing the tv, which also faces the entrance door.

I found that a little unusual.
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
Ironic this thread has come up again.

... so to speak

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
OakCliffTri wrote:
thought about this thread last week when I was at local Y. What is it with dudes that love walking ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE LOCKER ROOM with no towel, no clothes, just a limp member hanging out?? It's young guys and old guys that are offenders. I don't get it. I like being naked and don't have a problem changing in public but I also don't walk 80'-100' with it all hanging out just because!

Would you be more or less offended if it wasn't limp?

I can deal with an organic non-chalant sway; nothing too flamboyant, however [don't purposely roll the hips to get a momentum going, y'know]

A full-on stiffy would not be welcome, and a "oh? did you just get out of the pool" turtle just makes me sad

Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6588486#p6588486

Update to this post linked above

So, I haven't seen The Trucker Couple since that St Patrick's Day, but they happened to be in the Gym last Sunday

They're focused on strength training now - she looks like she's gotten into Spartan Races/Warrior Dash/RunnerCross kind of events, and she's not as Strictly Marathoner Lean as she used to be

I was running upstairs in the Crow's Nest where the treadmills are. She was working on the machine below me. He kept over-loading her, or over-repping her, so that she couldn't finish her sets, and she was clearly telling him so; but he wouldn't back off on her

I finished my run, and went downstairs to do my own weights workout. At this time, I put my headphones on, so I couldn't hear them, but I could definitely see her struggling with his "program" and getting visibly frustrated

It was in a break between songs when I heard her ask "So what's the plan, here?"
"What does it fucking matter?" he answered "Whatever I tell you to do, you fuck it up, anyway"

What. A. Dick.

I guess I was wrong about the "Very nice people, it turns out" comment, or maybe things have changed in 18 months?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chubby little woman on the machine next to me yesterday stank of cigarettes

Thankfully, she did her set quickly and moved on

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Though not a gym, I figure the office end of trip facilities have a connection. As such we have the shower cubicle separation anxiety guy.

There are about 20 separate shower cubicles adjoining the locker area. On three separate occasions now I've been in early enough that there's only been two other guys in there. Each time this particular person comes and picks the cubicle right next to mine. A colleague mentioned the same thing happened to them
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
Though not a gym, I figure the office end of trip facilities have a connection. As such we have the shower cubicle separation anxiety guy.

There are about 20 separate shower cubicles adjoining the locker area. On three separate occasions now I've been in early enough that there's only been two other guys in there. Each time this particular person comes and picks the cubicle right next to mine. A colleague mentioned the same thing happened to them

If he’s not in the shower with you then why does it matter?
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
---

It's a clear violation of the Bro Code.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how many of these are right?

pee may mingle in the drain
squelchy soap noises too audible
his feet are right there
naked separated by only a thin wall of sheet metal
he may be doing something besides showering
you may have to towel off at the same time, awks
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

It’s akin to someone using the urinal right next to you when there are others available.

My gym has a large locker room with multiple sections of lockers. Almost empty locker room and not only does a dude choose the section I’m using but a locker close enough to mine that I have to do the excuse me dance while getting dressed. And I was standing there, getting dressed, when he walked in so it wasn’t some sort of mistake where he didn’t realize that one of the other three people at the gym would be using that locker. Very perplexing. I know I look good in a towel and all, but this was ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slink wrote:
mv2005 wrote:

It’s when I have towelled off inside and got partially dressed, only to have a new round of splash on my legs. Assuming he’s not pissing also.

He’s well within his rights, I just find it unusual based on the behaviour of myself and others. I don’t think it’s ‘creature of habit’ either as the cubicles differ.
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last night, I was in the strength training area, minding my own business, listening to Bad Religion - it was Greg Gaffin's birthday, after all - and while I was doing my cable rows, between reps .... not SETS, mind you, between REPS ... I felt a hand on my shoulder

"Are you going grocery shopping tonite?" D'Wife asked
"Um, no"
"Ok, I'll get coffee on my way home then. I think we're getting low"
"Um, sure"
"We don't need cat food or anything, right?"
"Um, no. We're good"
"Great. Get back to what you were doing"

That couldn't wait?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wife is finally getting it with the gym and going together. She makes sure I see her out of the corner of my view or in the mirror and she goes outside until I am done. Or she’ll say she is getting coffee. That way I have some time to finish up and it isn’t an interruption.
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a lot of people have been going to zero-rise shoes in the free weights area [Converse Chucks seem to be very popular, either lo- or hi-tops], but I think fuzzy slippers are a bit extreme, especially when matched with velour track pants

Hey, at least she was comfortable, and if she just rolled out of bed & busted it over to the gym, without delay, then ... good for her!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I know a lot of people have been going to zero-rise shoes in the free weights area [Converse Chucks seem to be very popular, either lo- or hi-tops], but I think fuzzy slippers are a bit extreme, especially when matched with velour track pants

Hey, at least she was comfortable, and if she just rolled out of bed & busted it over to the gym, without delay, then ... good for her!!!

I just kick off my shoes for squats and deadlifts. I'm sure I'm the subject of a Denizens of the Gym thread somewhere. My physio actually recommended it as a way to strengthen my arch in one foot (have a collapsing arch issue) and I haven't gotten shin splints since switching.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

It’s akin to someone using the urinal right next to you when there are others available.

My gym has a large locker room with multiple sections of lockers. Almost empty locker room and not only does a dude choose the section I’m using but a locker close enough to mine that I have to do the excuse me dance while getting dressed. And I was standing there, getting dressed, when he walked in so it wasn’t some sort of mistake where he didn’t realize that one of the other three people at the gym would be using that locker. Very perplexing. I know I look good in a towel and all, but this was ridiculous.

I've had some drunken guy not only use the urinal next to me when a whole other row was available, he started talking to me, then offered me a fist bump.

Without the bro code, this is where we end up.

Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
then offered me a fist bump.

His free hand, I hope; or did he left go if the wheel and drive no-handed?

Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A month or so ago I switched gyms, trading in my membership at the local y, where I have worked out for around a decade, to a newer, large chain gym. I switched because the new gym opens earlier and I appreciate the extra 30 minutes to work out.

It feels like I've been in a fitness time warp. The Y was totally unpretentious. It had everything you needed, but, was dated. A very no frills gym. The membership seemed to reflect that. People of all ages and abilities would go and quietly do their thing.

I roll up to the new gym at 5am, thinking I'm a badass for starting my workout so early. The locker room is full of guys mixing their pre-workout. Or maybe they already had that and they are pre-mixing their post workout. I have no idea.

The guys vary in type from overweight yet insanely strong 1-rep, no neck type gorillas who get out of their car with their weight belt already on, to young hockey player types, hat backwards, full sleeve tat on one arm, white v-neck t-shirt etc. Both sets of men work predominantly on their chest and biceps. Everyone has beards.

The women must have gotten up at 3am to not only get their make up on, but squeeze in to their barely there yoga pants and sports bra. They are all doing bizarrely specific glute exercises on their already perfect posteriors.

I don't think I fit in at this new place...

Last edited by: BCtriguy1: Nov 25, 19 8:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I was to his right. He awkwardly reached over with his left. I left him hanging. Read in to that what you will.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I know that I've mentioned this before, but I have found that - in the weight room - a tech race shirt is a pretty effective Invisibility Cloak

BCtriguy1 wrote:
RandMart wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I was to his right. He awkwardly reached over with his left. I left him hanging. Read in to that what you will.

That's a weird sort of cross-over; he must've really wanted to bump you

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Everyone has beards.

This made me chuckle. Thanks.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Clearly. Your posterior is no where near perfect, yet. Get to work on it.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply

Prev Next