Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:

Dan the press is still free in spite of a loud mouth bitching and moaning about it.

The problem isn't that they aren't free, the problem is that our president (and Fox News) have convinced a quarter of the population that they can't be trusted. They've done this without evidence, just by repeating it over and over until the people that want to believe it, believe it.

Yeah, but the economy.

How was the moose fur harvest this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Is it your position the press is unbiased save for Fox News?

Your confusing bias and "fake". Fox News is incredibly biased but when they are actually reporting news, it can be taken as fact. Same as most major news outlets.

If Trump tried to logically point out some of the biases in the news media, I would have no problem with that. That isn't what he does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:

Dan the press is still free in spite of a loud mouth bitching and moaning about it.

The problem isn't that they aren't free, the problem is that our president (and Fox News) have convinced a quarter of the population that they can't be trusted. They've done this without evidence, just by repeating it over and over until the people that want to believe it, believe it.

Yeah, but the economy.

How was the moose fur harvest this year?

Dunno, hasn't started yet.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Dan I take exception to you characterizing him as my champion.

when every single person on this forum thinks you're championing him, defending him, simply on the basis of your posts, who has the blind spot?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, its 2019. Passive aggression is the new aggression.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

when every single person on this forum thinks you're championing him, defending him, simply on the basis of your posts, who has the blind spot?

Group think?

Misinterpretation of my writing?

Don't know, but I take exception to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

No one has ever accused me of being passive aggressive.

Aggressively blunt sure, but not passive aggressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

The problem with making hyperbolic statements like this is that you can be proven wrong with a single counterexample.

So here it is: I for one don't think Windy is championing Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
SailorSam wrote:
windywave wrote:
The circling the wagons and potted plant comments are symptoms of the same problem... The Democrats don't have a platform (that has been communicated) that is anything other than "Not Trump Free Stuff 2020

This is how he gets away with racism at this openly offensive level...you'd rather have a racist asshole than a halfway decent asshole who may raise taxes on the 0.00001% to help balance an out of control budget.

You find me the latter candidate currently running for President.

Throw a dart at the wall with all of their names. Literally any and all of them. The same mechanism that makes you certain of the Republic's survival under Trump will make us survive the next one. Specifically, the gridlock on the Hill will nullify most of their ideas and certainly the most radical ones. And we won't have a raging grifting racist in the White House. Win win win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Group think? Misinterpretation of my writing? Don't know, but I take exception to it.

if it's a misinterpretation of your writing, i can relate to that. when i write an article, and my entire readership thinks i wrote one thing and i feel that i wrote something else - which does happen - i could blame my readers. but if i fail to communicate my idea, i can't blame my readers for my failure.

the other possibility is that you actually are championing trump in what you write, but you don't want the knowledge of that hung on your neck because it's embarrassing, or undignifying.

the truth will set you free, brother. i don't think you're a bad guy. quite the opposite. i'd be proud to have you as my neighbor. when i was 19 a minister of the gospel asked me if i knew the secret of how not to be a sinner. "why yes! i'd love to know it! what's the secret?!"

"stop sinning."

want to know the secret of how to not champion donald trump?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
windywave wrote:
SailorSam wrote:
windywave wrote:
The circling the wagons and potted plant comments are symptoms of the same problem... The Democrats don't have a platform (that has been communicated) that is anything other than "Not Trump Free Stuff 2020

This is how he gets away with racism at this openly offensive level...you'd rather have a racist asshole than a halfway decent asshole who may raise taxes on the 0.00001% to help balance an out of control budget.

Throw a dart at the wall with all of their names. Literally any and all of them. The same mechanism that makes you certain of the Republic's survival under Trump will make us survive the next one. Specifically, the gridlock on the Hill will nullify most of their ideas and certainly the most radical ones. And we won't have a raging grifting racist in the White House. Win win win.

Your statement is patently false about the .00001% taxes. Carry on
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

The problem with making hyperbolic statements like this is that you can be proven wrong with a single counterexample.

I do.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:

The problem is that a quarter of the population (I'm using your number, but I'd argue it is higher based upon polling data) so vehemently wants to make excuses for Trump that they don't believe all evidence in front of them and instead eat up the slop that Fox and others present them. They are more committed to the story than to reality that is easily available. I'm not sure why, but people who I thought valued things such as honor, courage, fidelity, integrity, sacrifice, service and respect seem to be lining up to support a guy who by words and action is the exact opposite. That has caused me to lose respect for them and question why they would abandon the values they seemed to posses so easily.

The other problem is that so few of the members of Republican party seem to have a spine while in office that they only speak against Trump once they leave office (hi Paul Ryan). While others seem to have lost all sense of right or wrong and that they have demonstrated that their prior "principled" attacks on Democrats were just party politics and they make no decisions based on anything other than what will get them re-elected or gain favor with DJT. (GFY Lindsey Graham) Or worse yet operate in the bullshit middle area of communicating "disappointment" or "regret" and then not doing a damn thing. (looking at you Mitt).

All of these Republicans have signed over their party to Trump and the singular truth about Trump- do what's best for Trump right now and have no real plan for the next step. But that doesn't mean that the Republic is in peril, but their- no longer my- party certainly is.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
eb wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

I do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
eb wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

I do.

Claiming Trumps go back to where you came from tweets are not racist is championing him.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
eb wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

I do.

Claiming Trumps go back to where you came from tweets are not racist is championing him.

Slowman didn't put it to a vote. He said "every single person" which has been demonstrated to be false.

Doesn't matter how many of you chime in, Slowman's statement is still false.

Pedantry on my part? Maybe. Hyperbole on the part of Slowman? Definitely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
SailorSam wrote:
windywave wrote:
SailorSam wrote:
windywave wrote:

Your statement is patently false about the .00001% taxes. Carry on

You picked a single clearly hyperbolic bit and neglected the rest. Sure seems like you are championing the "no alternative better than Trump" line;). I'm in the 97th percentile by income according to recent data. None of the BS proposed by Warren or Bernie on taxation will make an appreciable impact on my finances. This means the 300 million or so people who are poorer than me will also see no difference. And that's if it passes. It won't. I'd bet money on it. Oh right, I am:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Group think?

If I assume you aren't championing Trump, Occam's misapplied Razor tells me that you aren't getting your point across well.

At one point I thought maybe you were trying to be ultra pedantic just to be a contrarian. But that doesn't help with the fact that while technically the statement was more xenophobic than racist is used almost exclusively (and that is just allowing for some one to find a non-racist xenophobe who has used it) by racists. Therefore, it is very clear evidence that the user of that phrase is racist.

If it is not this, then I haven't clue one what your point is.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Watch out eb. By the transitive property of arguing, pointing out a slowman logical error is the same thing as championing Windy, and championing Windy is the same thing as championing Trump.

Which leads me to my next obvious question: When did you start to hate minorities?
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Windy is constantly "not defending Trump" in the most defensive of ways. It was amusing, now it's just getting sad.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
j p o wrote:

Windy is constantly "not defending Trump" in the most defensive of ways. It was amusing, now it's just getting sad.

He has always wanted to be Duffy. He does a piss poor job of it though.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:

Group think?

If I assume you aren't championing Trump, Occam's misapplied Razor tells me that you aren't getting your point across well.

At one point I thought maybe you were trying to be ultra pedantic just to be a contrarian. But that doesn't help with the fact that while technically the statement was more xenophobic than racist is used almost exclusively (and that is just allowing for some one to find a non-racist xenophobe who has used it) by racists. Therefore, it is very clear evidence that the user of that phrase is racist.

-
I don't think he's championing Trump, I think he is playing the role of BarryP in this thread. I agree with Barry that AOC is not stupid, but she is functioning as if she were, with a constant stream of stupid statements and behavior. Same in this case, Windy has a very fine point he is trying to make that is crushed by the size of the over-arching issue/statement...and he's taking a BarryP type of beating. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a far funnier (but still sad) breakdown of Trump supporters.

1. Haters
2. Proud Deniers
3. Ignorant Dads
4. Fans of the Apprentice
5. "Well at least he's a Republican"
6. Child Molesters
7. Slogan Suckers
8. Establishment Russians
9. Frat D-Bags
10. ISIS
11. Sexists
12. Gun People (the really hard core ones might have dropped off this list since 2017)
13. Selfish people.

It's worth the read and you might chuckle at a few of the descriptions if you aren't offended by them because they hit too close to home.

Does windy belong to any of these groups? I don't know. But we do have more than a few here that fit into the Proud Denier group.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Not surprised Trump is a racist [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened to Duffy? Was he banned or died while surfing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BarryP wrote:

No one has ever accused me of being passive aggressive.

Aggressively blunt sure, but not passive aggressive.

Much like Duffy, only with more highbrow vocabulary...
Quote Reply

Prev Next