Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How long will Kelly last? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And now Ayers, a die-hard career climber and #MAGA evangelist, turns down the Chief of Staff job.

You get the sense that people on the inside know what's coming.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
And now Ayers, a die-hard career climber and #MAGA evangelist, turns down the Chief of Staff job.

Maybe he figures he can just stay where he is and get the job by default soon anyway..
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
trail wrote:

Maybe he figures he can just stay where he is and get the job by default soon anyway..

Think big. He could be VP.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
trail wrote:

Except he is leaving too. He is a young up and coming guy that wants a long career. If I were him I would step aside too. That is a stink that just won't wash off.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
trail wrote:

Except he is leaving too. He is a young up and coming guy that wants a long career. If I were him I would step aside too. That is a stink that just won't wash off.

It’s truly becoming unbelievable. What a colossal landfill. Everyone that voted for Trump should be embarrasssed to the point of not being to able to cast a vote for 20 years. Sad.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
trail wrote:

It’s truly becoming unbelievable. What a colossal landfill. Everyone that voted for Trump should be embarrasssed to the point of not being to able to cast a vote for 20 years. Sad.
Every Dem that doesn't want to hold the DNC accountable for stealing.. err.. gift-wrapping the nomination for Hillary should be embarrassed they allowed a truly unelectable candidate to represent their party.

Think about that. Donald Trump was elected when everyone believed Hillary was going to take it - potentially in a landslide. That is how unelectable she was. There are actually some Trump supporters, why .. who knows. But the election was a referendum on Hillary.

Now my question, and it was talked about in the other thread, why isn't the GOP moving to replace him? Are they figuring he's getting indicted anyway and the DJT problem will just "disappear"? Guilt by association if they don't grow a spine and go after him as well. Do nothing and you're complicit. Trump going away won't save face for the GOP. Putting Trump away at the behest of the GOP could.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:

Every Dem that doesn't want to hold the DNC accountable for stealing.. err.. gift-wrapping the nomination for Hillary should be embarrassed they allowed a truly unelectable candidate to represent their party.

The DNC said some mildly critical things about Bernie over internal email, that's about it, from what I can tell. I'm sure there was probably equivalent clutching-of-pearls within the RNC - they just didn't go public. Hillary won because all the Bernie crowd were holding party/rallies in solidly white, affluent college campuses, etc. instead of campaigning door-to-door in the South, where Bernie got killed by Hillary.

Quote:
Now my question, and it was talked about in the other thread, why isn't the GOP moving to replace him?

Oh, I'm sure there are conversations going on about the 2020 elections in smoky back rooms. They're just not public.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
trail wrote:

Think about that. Donald Trump was elected when everyone believed Hillary was going to take it - potentially in a landslide. That is how unelectable she was. There are actually some Trump supporters, why .. who knows. But the election was a referendum on Hillary.

16 Republican candidates, weren't there? But it's Hillary's and the Democrats' fault?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
ripple wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
trail wrote:

16 Republican candidates, weren't there? But it's Hillary's and the Democrats' fault?

Not to mention, if it was a referendum on Sec Clinton, and she secured 3 million more votes than Pres Trump, then it’s hard to claim it’s her fault, or that she was unelectable.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
ripple wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
trail wrote:

I don't think it matters if the GOP put out 2, 3, or 100 candidates. I said blame the DNC for presenting an unelectable candidate. The GOP puts out Donald F-- Trump and he still won. People are looking to assign blame for the DJT mess and the fact is he didn't have a chance until Hillary opened her big fat mouth and insulted everyone who weren't big city progressives. In the end the real Hillary shone through and it bit her and the Dems in the ass and it was beautiful. Except for the whole problem of DJT getting into office.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Not to mention, if it was a referendum on Sec Clinton, and she secured 3 million more votes than Pres Trump, then it’s hard to claim it’s her fault, or that she was unelectable.
Oh come on.. they know the electoral game. The victory parade was planned and paid for. The sheer fact that she lost on election night was a referendum on her alone. The Dems never should have been able to lose the election.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Oh come on.. they know the electoral game. The victory parade was planned and paid for. The sheer fact that she lost on election night was a referendum on her alone. The Dems never should have been able to lose the election.

I am curious: She won the popular vote by almost 3MM votes. I would say that the electorate was clear as to their preference. If you don't agree, please explain.

She was not elected president because of the idiosyncrasy of the Electoral College. 80K votes in three states was the difference. That was bad electioneering (if that's a word) by the DNC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
j p o wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
trail wrote:

Now my question, and it was talked about in the other thread, why isn't the GOP moving to replace him? Are they figuring he's getting indicted anyway and the DJT problem will just "disappear"? Guilt by association if they don't grow a spine and go after him as well. Do nothing and you're complicit. Trump going away won't save face for the GOP. Putting Trump away at the behest of the GOP could.

FWIW I was extremely drunk when I wrote this. Can’t believe there weren’t more spelling and grammatical errors. My comment on not being able to vote was harsh and based on my disagreement that the election was a referendum on Hillary. I think that is the typical and obvious scapegoat.

The election for the right was a cut off my nose off to spite my face moment. They were so infuriated with how badly Obama had destroyed our country, despite all evidence to the contrary, that they voted for a guy (many of them twice) who was a near certainty to bring a dumpster fire to the White House. If the right wasn’t blinded by ideologies with no basis in reality we could have avoided this administration. This isn’t Hillary’s fault. This isn’t Obama’s fault. This administration is the fault of people who are so bent on vengeance that they were willing to sacrifice our country’s world standing. Sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:

For the same reasons none of them blasted him during the primary. They are trying to keep his supporters on their side. If the GOP Congress actually provided any oversight they could change things dramatically. Instead Devin Nunes runs a sham investigation that was never going to do anything other than say Trump is fantastic.

Hillary locked up the traditional sources of money and no big names came forward to challenge her. Bernie was as surprised as anyone that he caught fire. I think most of the reason he didn't have the ground game is that he never really thought he had a chance to win. By the time it became obvious he could it was too late.

The GOP is stuck. Ignore/enable Trump and you lose the middle 20%. Abandon/challenge him and you lose his supporters because you have painted him as the chosen one and you are sacrificing him on the altar of the Demon Rats. And you still don't get the middle 20%.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
trail wrote:

In any other time or administration the line of folks who would want the CoS job would be a mile long. So far two prominent candidates have said- in the most Washington of ways- not just No, but Hell No.

Makes me wonder how close to the bottom of the barrel that Trump will have to dig to find the someone willing -not necessarily capable of being - to be next CoS.

Or will he just do it himself and have executive time all day in his residence in front of Fox News and his twitter machine.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

This to me means a lot. Ayers is the real deal. A real life Olivia Pope (Scandal reference). Piece of shit political operative who is really good at being a piece of shit political operative. As opposed to a Paul Manafort who is all of those things except good at them.

If Nick is giving up on a lifetime opportunity to be the 2nd most powerful person in America it's for a good reason. Unlike half the idiots in the current White House, this guys is NOT stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
trail wrote:

This to me means a lot. Ayers is the real deal. A real life Olivia Pope (Scandal reference). Piece of shit political operative who is really good at being a piece of shit political operative. As opposed to a Paul Manafort who is all of those things except good at them.

If Nick is giving up on a lifetime opportunity to be the 2nd most powerful person in America it's for a good reason. Unlike half the idiots in the current White House, this guys is NOT stupid.

Maybe he has seen that people in the administration get a bunch of scrutiny and he is getting out before people start looking into how he made over 50 million dollars being a political consultant at the age of 36. That totally seems above board.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
SailorSam wrote:
trail wrote:

Maybe he has seen that people in the administration get a bunch of scrutiny and he is getting out before people start looking into how he made over 50 million dollars being a political consultant at the age of 36. That totally seems above board.

Well, the kid delivers. He's made Pence look appealing for Christ's sake. And he's kept him amazingly clean throughout this whole mess of an administration. That's incredible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
chaparral wrote:
SailorSam wrote:
trail wrote:

Well, the kid delivers. He's made Pence look appealing for Christ's sake. And he's kept him amazingly clean throughout this whole mess of an administration. That's incredible.

Yeah but, once your name peculates to the top of the headlines, it's a matter of time before the shit slinging against you starts.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Everybody Wants To Work In The White House"

This might need to be updated.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This kid's got potential for SOS...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/...eriority-tirade.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would happen if Chris Christie becomes the next Chief of Staff?

Some of you might recall that the Christie put Jared Kushner's father in jail. Christie initially lead the Trump transition team in the WH, but once he was out of the running for a new job in the Trump administration and young Kushner purged anyone with ties to Christie.

We might find a new level of dysfunction in the WH if that were to happen.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Double the kitchen budget and be on lookout for bridges closing.
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am curious: She won the popular vote by almost 3MM votes. I would say that the electorate was clear as to their preference. If you don't agree, please explain."

You weren't addressing me, but I'll say that she lost by 3M votes given to her by one state, the most leftist state in the country. If you want to project her win there across the entire country as being some sort of preference for the rest of the population, you don't understand the reason for the electoral college nor the way the rest of the country felt about her. The Dems have participated in Presidential elections before, so I think they knew the electoral college rules and they aren't 'idiosyncrasies'. They knew, but they lost. Get over it.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: How long will Kelly last? [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
"I am curious: She won the popular vote by almost 3MM votes. I would say that the electorate was clear as to their preference. If you don't agree, please explain."

You weren't addressing me, but I'll say that she lost by 3M votes given to her by one state, the most leftist state in the country. If you want to project her win there across the entire country as being some sort of preference for the rest of the population, you don't understand the reason for the electoral college nor the way the rest of the country felt about her. The Dems have participated in Presidential elections before, so I think they knew the electoral college rules and they aren't 'idiosyncrasies'. They knew, but they lost. Get over it.

Greg

You weren’t addressing me, but you conveniently ignored the point by giving some parts of the country more importance than others. You can’t pick and choose which votes you count when talking about the entire elecorate. Their statement as quoted is wholly accurate.
Quote Reply

Prev Next