Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games
Quote | Reply
I got to go with Jamie Anderson every time they do an interview with her I cringe.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I got to go with Jamie Anderson every time they do an interview with her I cringe.

She's very granola, but not the worst.

You have Shani Davis who whined about not being selected as flag bearer, seemed to make it about race, and then delivered a big fat nothing in his competitions.

You have the S.Korean female speed skaters who left their teammate behind during the team pursuit, and then blamed her for the team performance, and are being threatened with being kicked off their national team for poor sportsmanship.

You have Maame Biney who is lauded for her positive attitude, but seems to me like a clown everytime she speaks. She can't get a sentence out about anything, positive or negative, without a big goofy smile and a guffaw.

You have the female halfpipe skier who gamed her way onto the Hungarian team, and then basically didn't even try to perform any actual tricks during the competition.

Mostly the athletes have been pretty good sports and presented themselves fairly well. But there are a few who stand out in a negative way.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

You have the female halfpipe skier who gamed her way onto the Hungarian team, and then basically didn't even try to perform any actual tricks during the competition.

This one right here.

She's an embarrassment.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not know any of the athletes personally to deem them as annoying but based on the multiple interviews NBC airs, Rippon tops the crowd. He is in the Lolo Jones category for me.

An addition, the entire NBC Today show hosts are absolutely dumb. Hoda and Savannah make athlete interviews a waste of air time.

Last edited by: travelmama: Feb 22, 18 7:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Johnny Wier

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
I do not know any of the athletes personally to deem them as annoying but based on the multiple interviews NBC airs, Rippon top the crowd. He is in the Lolo Jones category for me.

Yeah, I forgot about him. He and Johnny Weir. I don't care who you have sex with, but it's annoying to watch a grown man behave like a ditzy teenaged girl.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
travelmama wrote:
I do not know any of the athletes personally to deem them as annoying but based on the multiple interviews NBC airs, Rippon top the crowd. He is in the Lolo Jones category for me.

Yeah, I forgot about him. He and Johnny Weir. I don't care who you have sex with, but it's annoying to watch a grown man behave like a ditzy teenaged girl.

I saw some articles where NBC was trying to hire Rippon to provide some coverage for these Olympics but he declined. I probably would have stopped watching their coverage if they had. It is bad enough to have to look at Weir, but then to have to listen to Rippon would have been too much.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
slowguy wrote:
travelmama wrote:

I saw some articles where NBC was trying to hire Rippon to provide some coverage for these Olympics but he declined. I probably would have stopped watching their coverage if they had. It is bad enough to have to look at Weir, but then to have to listen to Rippon would have been too much.
Weir is a nut, which adds to his “flare” but he knows his stuff and is a fair decent commentator and does not talk as much as the females, which is good. Rippon claims not to have taken the job with NBC because he wants to stay in the village. I find that hard to believe considering he claims to be trashy and may say things to offend others which could get NBC in hot water.

Quote | Reply
To my surprise, Johnny Weir has grown on me (metaphorically). He's so over the top that I end up chuckling. Imo, he and Tara do add fun to the skating.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weir is a little over the top but he is a very good commentator. As for most annoying Olympian it probably has to go to the Hungarian skier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was very annoyed by Jocelyn Larocque, one of the Cabadian women’s hockey players.

During the medal ceremony last night she immediately took off her silver medal and refused to put i5 back on. Complete lack of sportswomanship and class. This was a fair game between two very well matched rivals. It’s a great moment for the USA women’s and refusing to wear the medal is a shitty thing to do.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
slowguy wrote:
travelmama wrote:

Weir is a nut, which adds to his “flare” but he knows his stuff and is a fair decent commentator and does not talk as much as the females, which is good. Rippon claims not to have taken the job with NBC because he wants to stay in the village. I find that hard to believe considering he claims to be trashy and may say things to offend others which could get NBC in hot water.

Yeah, I can't get into the figure skating, so I haven't watched much, and don't know how decent a commentator he might be. All I see of him are the interviews, special interest bits, etc, and he's annoying as hell in those.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
I do not know any of the athletes personally to deem them as annoying but based on the multiple interviews NBC airs, Rippon tops the crowd. He is in the Lolo Jones category for me.

An addition, the entire NBC Today show hosts are absolutely dumb. Hoda and Savannah make athlete interviews a waste of air time.

US Athlete: Lindsey Vonn, mostly because I had my fill of her when she was with Tiger
NBC Commentator: Bode Miller

Where's Doc Emerick been? Have I missed him? He's an Icon

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:

I've been watching the world feed for biathlon and nordic skiing. Last night I listened to the NBC announcers for the Womens team sprint. Saying it was awful is an understatement
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
I was very annoyed by Jocelyn Larocque, one of the Cabadian women’s hockey players.

During the medal ceremony last night she immediately took off her silver medal and refused to put i5 back on. Complete lack of sportswomanship and class. This was a fair game between two very well matched rivals. It’s a great moment for the USA women’s and refusing to wear the medal is a shitty thing to do.

I wasn't annoyed, I was disgusted.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the Today Show it's pretty awful nowadays
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marlonius wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

Meh, she could have done worse

https://nypost.com/...d-after-sweden-loss/
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand that for some of these athletes it's gold or nothing but he needs a reality check. Especially playing for the Rangers.

walie wrote:
Marlonius wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

Meh, she could have done worse

https://nypost.com/...d-after-sweden-loss/
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marlonius wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

At least she didn't throw it into the stands like the Swedish kid did at World Juniors.

But yeah, pretty poor sportsmanship on her part.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:

I agree.

Was she the one who later said it was because of the game being decided by a shoot out or was that another player ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [Ringmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ringmaster wrote:

At least she didn't throw it into the stands like the Swedish kid did at World Juniors.

Yeah, holy smokes that was bad. At least she didn't go there.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
slowguy wrote:

This one right here.

She's an embarrassment.

It was disgusting hearing on how she got in and then watching her perform. She didn't even attempt a trick. Pathetic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:

Our women's hockey players are starting to become hard to cheer for. They are poor winners (Haley Wickenheiser, I am looking in your direction) and poor losers.

And as it turns out the flag on the floor story was BS.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
To my surprise, Johnny Weir has grown on me (metaphorically). He's so over the top that I end up chuckling. Imo, he and Tara do add fun to the skating.

Same here. When I first tuned in to the figure skating, I asked my wife why PeeWee Herman was a commentator and why he was dressed like that. As I have watched the skating, I've grown to enjoy his comments. He is, of course, very knowledgeable and this helps explain a lot of the competition to someone like me who watches mainly because my wife does.

During one of Rippon's interviews, he was making some kind of comparison that made no sense whatsoever. This provided a moment for one of the best quotes from these Olympics when Tara Lipinski asked Weir to explain and he said "we speak the same language and I don't even understand him".
Quote Reply
Re: Who is the most annoying Olympian at this year's games [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:
Johnny Wier

X2
Quote Reply

Prev Next