Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
stal wrote:

sheesh. It's information. Let it come out and then draw your own conclusions, which, based on your statement you unfortunately already have.

We'll see. I doubt it's "information." I suspect it's going to be conclusions drawn from classified information. That way it can't be rebutted without revealling classified information.

My point exactly. "You suspect". You don't know anything but have ALREADY DRAWN YOUR CONCLUSIONS.

Please see above. Wait. let ti come out and then draw your own conclusions. Stop believing everything Maddow says.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
orphious wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
orphious wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
orphious wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
If the rumors about what is in the memo are true, then no. Wray was in private practice at the time that the warrant to listen in on Carter Page was extended. Unless they continued extending that warrant after Comey was fired and Wray appointed. We would not know that publicly, but it seems unlikely.

Well then your little diatribe on Wray is false. In other words even though Wray might have released the statement, he doesn't have to cover his ass like his predecessors.

What?? YOU said Wray said that the memo was inaccurate to cover his ass:

"Of course they are going to say stuff was omitted to cover their ass."

My point, which you just agreed to, is that he clearly was NOT covering his ass.

You just exact quoted me. I don't see Wray's name anywhere in the quote.

You're kidding right? Do you have the short term memory of a canary? Go back and read our exchange. Or not. Whatever.

I said "They" as in the FBI.. Not as in "They" as in one individual. Are you really that dense? I never mentioned anyone specifically by name. You are the one to attribute my comments to an individual. In respect.. yes Wray is apart of the FBI.. Yes Wray is probably not involved in anything from the memo other than coming into a mess afterwards. So no Wray doesnt have to cover his ass. That doesnt mean the others dont or that Wray is is not supporting them covering their ass.

As I said, that statement was released specifically by Wray. Not an amorphous collective FBI. There is no way Wray would release a false statement to the public to protect some people that may or may have not done something wrong before he got there. Especially since if his statement was not truthful, we would be likely to find out.

I dont think Wray knows what truth is.. Just like everyone else in this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll agree no-one knows what the truth is. So we have to take a bet.

Red is: the typically-Republican / conservative-skewing FBI that arguably threw the election for Trump is in fact the fulcrum of a deep state conspiracy to get him elected but then kneecap his presidency because...they're bored. Far from being a grasping little tool, Carter Page is a professional, self-aware diplomat whose trips to and contact with Russia are beyond reproach. The FISA application to place him under surveillance likely runs 50-60 pages but to understand clearly all the evidence (or lack thereof) presented to the judge in the case you only need to read a four page summary prepared by grown up Draco Malfoy (who's now retiring), Trey Gowdy, under the direction of Nunes, a member of Trump's transition team who was supposed to have recused himself from this mess after being caught running round DC at midnight trying to gin up interest in the unmasking debacle - Republicans' last groundless attempt to distract from the Russia probe. Using a never-before employed public interest claim to release classified information to the public is in this case justified because torching America's faith in their premier law enforcement agency is right and necessary in the defense of the unfairly besmirched virtue of... Donald Trump. Republicans' refusal to release a counter-point memo addressing what Democrats feel is fact picking and inaccuracy in the Nunes memo is based on legitimate and non-partisan security fears that do not apply to the Nunes memo.

Black is: Literally anything else.

Where do you put your money?

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Last edited by: Bretom: Feb 1, 18 8:41
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
I'll agree no-one knows what the truth is. So we have to take a bet.

Red is: the typically-Republican / conservative-skewing FBI that arguably threw the election for Trump is in fact the fulcrum of a deep state conspiracy to get him elected but then kneecap his presidency because...they're bored. Far from being a grasping little tool, Carter Page is a professional, self-aware diplomat whose trips to and contact with Russia are beyond reproach. The FISA application to place him under surveillance likely runs 50-60 pages but to understand clearly all the evidence (or lack thereof) presented to the judge in the case you only need to read a four page summary prepared by grown up Draco Malfoy (who's now retiring), Trey Gowdy, under the direction of Nunes, a member of Trump's transition team who was supposed to have recused himself from this mess after being caught running round DC at midnight trying to gin up interest in the unmasking debacle - Republicans' last groundless attempt to distract from the Russia probe. Using a never-before employed public interest claim to release classified information to the public is in this case justified because torching America's faith in their premier law enforcement agency is right and necessary in the defense of the unfairly besmirched virtue of... Donald Trump.

Black is: Literally anything else.

Where do you put your money?

Neither.. How about, the FBI didn't try to throw the election for anybody. There were a certain few who thought Trump would never win so decided to not prosecute Hillary assuming she would win the election. As for the FISA warrants? I think there was some improper usage with them but don't know exactly what. I think that it should be investigated and it is. I also think you can't avoid involving the Russian collusion investigation becasue the 2 and the people involved are so closely related is almost impossible not to overlap them. I think both should be allowed to continue the investigations. Any wrong doing by either side, all should be prosecuted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

Neither.. How about, the FBI didn't try to throw the election for anybody. There were a certain few who thought Trump would never win so decided to not prosecute Hillary assuming she would win the election. As for the FISA warrants? I think there was some improper usage with them but don't know exactly what. I think that it should be investigated and it is. I also think you can't avoid involving the Russian collusion investigation becasue the 2 and the people involved are so closely related is almost impossible not to overlap them. I think both should be allowed to continue the investigations. Any wrong doing by either side, all should be prosecuted.

• I didn't say the FBI tried to throw the election I said they may, objectively, have done so. Whether the decision to reopen the email investigation was a canny bit of electioneering by a biased NY field office led by Giuliani or was just the professional dispatching of their duties after they found Wiener's laptop is anyone's guess - but we can talk intelligently about the impact and outcome.
  • As for the FISA warrant (I think we're only discussing one), you think there was some improper usage but why do you think that? On what basis? Some republicans argue strongly that's the case but let's not forget that (a) one of the loudest voices claimed to have a deepthroat source confirming to him the existence of a secret society, then admitted that source was "probably twitter," then admitted the only reference to a "secret society" was "probably a joke" and (b) another of the loudest voices just invited one of chief proponents of pizzagate to the state of the union.
  • I agree that if Republicans feel there were issues it should be investigated and I agree that that is happening. What I don't understand is why Nunes thinks how a sober and careful investigation is served by creating a media circus focused around his selection of information from classified materials that the public he's whipping into a frenzy will never get to see. It only makes sense if you accept that Nunes' only real goal is to discredit Mueller.

Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
If you want to watch a non-stop tirade against the FBI just watch Lou Dobbs on Fox. I used to think that guy was fairly respectable, but he's turned into a Trump lackey.

It's the Trump playbook repeating itself and you see it in politics all the time.

They know there are problems ahead with the Mueller investigation and since firing Mueller would be a big problem now, the next step is to discredit the FBI and then draw a conclusion, based on one or two findings, that the entire agency can't be trusted and that they have it in for Trump. It's really hard for me to understand how people can't see that.

It's being reported now that Trump has been commenting on multiple occasions that releasing report will undermine Mueller's investigation.

It would be stunning, if it weren't now so entirely predictable, to hear an American President attempting to discredit the FBI, run by his own appointee, in a naked attempt to save face.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Feb 1, 18 9:18
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tv reporting wh wants some redactions, but fbi warned without complete facts then memo is still misleading. does faux still use fair and balanced????
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife just forwarded me this video that a (slightly cuckoo) co-worker sent to her for some inexplicable reason.

If the video itself doesn't astound you enough, read some of the comments below it. People believe this shit??

Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
I don't care if it shows a 100% smoking gun PROVING that Mueller's investigation is a farce. It doesn't matter! It should be true because I FEEL it should be!

Facts be damned! I don't care what they are, my side is right and the other are idiots!

You do realize that Ken isn't commenting on the results, right. He is saying that anyone who thinks the memo is anything but an attempt to pre-emptively cast doubt on Mueller, is an idiot. He's talking about what the Trump team is trying to do with the release of the memo and he's right. Anyone who doesn't question the timing of the release and the fact that the administration is desperately trying to influence the eventual findings of Mueller, is living in a fantasy world.

Relax though. Lots of people like you will never accept anything from the FBI, NYTimes or any other source because the Trump team will simply do what they do best, dig up some dirt and loudly claim the source is biased. You and the other Trump devotees eat that up. No independent thinking required, nothing more to see here, move right along folks.

Sad.

Trump devotee? lol. I guess everyone who doesn't worship HRC and toe the dem party line to discredit the discreditors is a Trump devotee.

Suggest you actually read my recent posts. I have called him: Moron. Childish. Purile. Cheetoh. Dumbass. Reckless. Yeah total Trump devotee here.

The only people not thinking for themselves are folks like you and Ken, who immediately write off information (before seeing it) and attack anyone who doesn't attack it themselves. That falls under the category of the adjectives used above.

Suggest you take a step back, see what comes out, and stop labeling folks Trump devotees if they don't espouse the DNC talking points everyday. Have you received yours from Chuck Schumer yet today?

For the Nunes memo: he says so.
Against the Nunes memo: Schiff says things are left out. FBI says things are left out. Nunes refuses to publish Schiff memo refuting Nunes' memo by stating what is left out.

And I'm the one who isn't thinking here?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worth a read

This is the (long) pull quote:

"Ryan, who has never served on the Intelligence Committee, seems not to understand the central bargain underpinning the creation of the intelligence committees after Watergate. In exchange for the intelligence community’s willingness to reveal closely guarded national secrets to a select group of members and staff for the purposes of oversight, the committees and the congressional leadership pledged to handle that information responsibly and without regard to politics.
That contract has now been spectacularly broken by the creation of a partisan memo that misrepresents highly classified information that will never be made public. Intelligence agencies can no longer be confident that material they provide the committee will not be repurposed and manipulated for reasons having nothing to do with national security. As a result, they will be far more reluctant to share their secrets with us in the future. Moreover, sources of information that the agencies rely upon may dry up, since they can no longer count on secrecy when the political winds are blowing. This is a grave cost for short-term political gain."

Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't think ryan is mensa material.....or mccarthy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
stal wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
I don't care if it shows a 100% smoking gun PROVING that Mueller's investigation is a farce. It doesn't matter! It should be true because I FEEL it should be!

Facts be damned! I don't care what they are, my side is right and the other are idiots!

You do realize that Ken isn't commenting on the results, right. He is saying that anyone who thinks the memo is anything but an attempt to pre-emptively cast doubt on Mueller, is an idiot. He's talking about what the Trump team is trying to do with the release of the memo and he's right. Anyone who doesn't question the timing of the release and the fact that the administration is desperately trying to influence the eventual findings of Mueller, is living in a fantasy world.

Relax though. Lots of people like you will never accept anything from the FBI, NYTimes or any other source because the Trump team will simply do what they do best, dig up some dirt and loudly claim the source is biased. You and the other Trump devotees eat that up. No independent thinking required, nothing more to see here, move right along folks.

Sad.

Trump devotee? lol. I guess everyone who doesn't worship HRC and toe the dem party line to discredit the discreditors is a Trump devotee.

Suggest you actually read my recent posts. I have called him: Moron. Childish. Purile. Cheetoh. Dumbass. Reckless. Yeah total Trump devotee here.

The only people not thinking for themselves are folks like you and Ken, who immediately write off information (before seeing it) and attack anyone who doesn't attack it themselves. That falls under the category of the adjectives used above.

Suggest you take a step back, see what comes out, and stop labeling folks Trump devotees if they don't espouse the DNC talking points everyday. Have you received yours from Chuck Schumer yet today?

Against the Nunes memo: Schiff says things are left out. FBI says things are left out. Nunes refuses to publish Schiff memo refuting Nunes' memo by stating what is left out.

Yes. You just said that you're listening to Nunes and Schiff. They're both partisan hacks with agendas.

Think for yourself instead of listening to partisan hacks.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
tv reporting wh wants some redactions, but fbi warned without complete facts then memo is still misleading. does faux still use fair and balanced????

-
Source? Not what I've seen reported. Here's WAPO's headline:

PowerPost

"Trump to approve release of GOP memo Friday after redactions requested by intelligence officials"
-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/trump-expected-to-approve-release-of-memo-following-redactions-requested-by-intelligence-officials/2018/02/01/a55210e6-0757-11e8-8777-2a059f168dd2_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_congressmemo-650pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.08c6726640f0
Last edited by: dave_w: Feb 1, 18 16:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

-
the reason Nunes gave for not releasing the dem memo was that the pub piece had been out for weeks, even having been looked at by the FBI; not so for the dem entry, and he said it needed the same scrutiny. I kind of bought that line, then I subsequently saw that Nunes made some change after the feds had perused...advantage dems now, but then the final seems to have been reviewed and redacted by intelligence guys, so fine with the Nunes memo coming out. No reason why dems can't have the FBI take a look and then call for release, and they should do so.
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nunes won't share memo with burr head of senate intelligence committee before releasing. Nunes dum fuck on masking dum fuck period.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Nunes won't share memo with burr head of senate intelligence committee before releasing. Nunes dum fuck on masking dum fuck period.

Speaking of dumb fucks... do you think you could try to write a complete sentence so we don't have to interpret what you are saying all the time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for shorthand...guess dum fucks like u have problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:

*I guess *dumb fucks like *you have a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the memo. With the Repubs wanting it released and the Dems wanting it kept private I imagine it shows some people in the FBI acting shady due to a political bias.

Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd wait for IG report if forthcoming fairly soon. Public has right at sometime soon to know both majority and minority viewpoint, same time if safe for our intel community. Given Nunes track record, I would be wary of anything he does. Let's see...Comey, Wray, Rosenstein, & Mueller are republican. Trump, republican. Trump would bitch if they used a clean rubber on him.
Last edited by: tyrod1: Feb 2, 18 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously, read up a bit on this mess before commenting.

You could start here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/01/opinion/dont-believe-the-liberal-fbi.html

Start at the fourth paragraph if you don't want the opinion / color.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll have to wait a bit, as the House web site crashed, probably because of this memo. See the damage releasing it has done?

(edit: can now get a response)

As expected, the memo is devoid of content. Really: the PDF is blank.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Last edited by: klehner: Feb 2, 18 9:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just heard a radio interview discussing the IG report and input from a former high level FBI contact. What they described was that Wray read some early draft of the IG findings and immediately removed McCabe. The reason was the classified emails from HRCs team that were found on Weiner’s laptop by NYPD that were copied and sent to McCabe and McCabe collaborated/conspired with a few others in the FBI to sit on the emails until after the election. Then, 3 weeks later one of the FBI team members got cold feet and told Comey. Comey then alerted Congress the very next day so he wouldn’t be caught up in the scandal.

According to this source they have McCabe stating they’re sitting on the info until after the election.

The sentiment is when the IG report is released some folks are going to jail.

I do not know if this info is accurate or credible. However, IF it’s accurate it then makes sense the Memo is being released today to start the narrative that there was an anti-Trump group in the FBI acting with nefarious intent as evidenced by the Memo then followed up by the IG report.

The only reason I could imagine Trump not running out with the interim IG findings is they want to start the narrative and let the IG supplement it.

This would also (to me) illustrate why the Dems are reacting so strongly.

We shall see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you a 13 year old girl? The only people I know who use your "shorthand" are teenage girls. It makes you look like a moron, of course considering most of your posts...

tyrod1 wrote:
Quote Reply

Prev Next