Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The “F.B.I. was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” the bureau said in a statement. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

Wray and Rosenstein went to the WH to persuade them not to approve of the release, but apparently CoS Kelly turned them down.

Anyone who thinks that this memo is anything but an attempt to pre-emptively cast doubt on Mueller, the FBI, and every investigation into Russian meddling is an idiot.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The White House staffers should add The Untouchables to Donnie's Netflix queue. The FBI has a good track record of taking down powerful 'businessmen' who think they are above the law.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this the same FBI that has in the past changed significant wording in an investigation to seriously alter the impact of the outcome?

Just sayin

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
The White House staffers should add The Untouchables to Donnie's Netflix queue. The FBI has a good track record of taking down powerful 'businessmen' who think they are above the law.

Al Capone occupied the Oval Office???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Quote:
The “F.B.I. was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it,” the bureau said in a statement. “As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

Wray and Rosenstein went to the WH to persuade them not to approve of the release, but apparently CoS Kelly turned them down.

Anyone who thinks that this memo is anything but an attempt to pre-emptively cast doubt on Mueller, the FBI, and every investigation into Russian meddling is an idiot.

Fact or opinion? Of course they are going to say stuff was omitted to cover their ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Is this the same FBI that has in the past changed significant wording in an investigation to seriously alter the impact of the outcome?

Just sayin

Beats me, since I neither know WTF you are talking about nor how it relates to what the FBI is currently saying.

Are you "sayin" or are you asking?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to imagine that a group would try to hide stuff that makes them look bad. True for either side....
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:
Quote:

Fact or opinion? Of course they are going to say stuff was omitted to cover their ass.

There's a reason why Nunes refused to release the Schiff rebuttal memo that details the shortcomings of Nunes' memo.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

Christopher Wray never worked for the FBI and had been in private practice since 2005 until being appointed in 2017 by Trump. So there is nothing in there that could make him look bad. Hard to imagine any reason why he would say this if it was not true. Especially since it is sure to anger his boss and people his position tend to get fired for such statements.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

I think you meant to say anyone who jumps to conclusions prior to knowing the facts is an idiot.
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m curious about what I understand is an IG report following an investigation into the Clinton email matter and those involved (McCabe, etc). Why wouldnt the WH just wait for the IG report which is due in the spring and address this memo at that time?
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
orphious wrote:

Christopher Wray never worked for the FBI and had been in private practice since 2005 until being appointed in 2017 by Trump. So there is nothing in there that could make him look bad. Hard to imagine any reason why he would say this if it was not true. Especially since it is sure to anger his boss and people his position tend to get fired for such statements.

Who said anything about Christopher Wray?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
orphious wrote:

I know right? It isn't like he is the head of the agency advocating against releasing this memo.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
orphious wrote:

When you say "They are going to say stuff..." you mean the FBI is going to say stuff. The statement released that says the "memo" has material omissisons of fact and is inaccurate was released by Christopher Wray. So whether you knew it or not, you said something about Christopher Wray.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody think nunes has a shred of integrity? Let IG finish analysis first and issue report.

Add his flunkie committee members. No wonder gowdy moving on.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I don't get is that the FBI should be fairly conservative in nature. I don't think a lot of liberals aspire to be FBI agents. But all the sudden the FBI is in the crosshairs of conservatives? It makes about as much sense as a pro-life liberal.
Quote Reply
Re: Nunes memo: FBI vs. White House [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cha Ching. How many ny FBI guys were leaking to crazy Rudy G. Early in campaign. Where did that nutjob go?

Another point is trump said he would release memo 100% before reading it. What a guy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FBI agent Strzok (sp?) Changed the Clinton investigation wording to lessen the impact.

I don't think the entire FBI is dirty, but they have recent not so flattering history.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
orphious wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
orphious wrote:

When you say "They are going to say stuff..." you mean the FBI is going to say stuff. The statement released that says the "memo" has material omissisons of fact and is inaccurate was released by Christopher Wray. So whether you knew it or not, you said something about Christopher Wray.

Christopher Wray wasn't there during the time frame in the memo was he?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the rumors about what is in the memo are true, then no. Wray was in private practice at the time that the warrant to listen in on Carter Page was extended. Unless they continued extending that warrant after Comey was fired and Wray appointed. We would not know that publicly, but it seems unlikely.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
If the rumors about what is in the memo are true, then no. Wray was in private practice at the time that the warrant to listen in on Carter Page was extended. Unless they continued extending that warrant after Comey was fired and Wray appointed. We would not know that publicly, but it seems unlikely.

Well then your little diatribe on Wray is false. In other words even though Wray might have released the statement, he doesn't have to cover his ass like his predecessors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

And the Trump supporters will be coming out in force denying it has anything to do with the Mueller probe and then simply dig up anything in history that casts some shadow over the FBI.

Just a wild guess though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Well then your little diatribe on Wray is false. In other words even though Wray might have released the statement, he doesn't have to cover his ass like his predecessors.

What?? YOU said Wray said that the memo was inaccurate to cover his ass:

"Of course they are going to say stuff was omitted to cover their ass."

My point, which you just agreed to, is that he clearly was NOT covering his ass.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
InstagramFacebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Quote:

I completely agree!

I don't care if it shows a 100% smoking gun PROVING that Mueller's investigation is a farce. It doesn't matter! It should be true because I FEEL it should be!

Facts be damned! I don't care what they are, my side is right and the other are idiots!

sheesh. It's information. Let it come out and then draw your own conclusions, which, based on your statement you unfortunately already have.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   I think it's a fools errand, owing mostly to the fact that the FBI controls all the actual evidence. OTOH I have read repeatedly of the committee trying to get info from the FBI relative to their investigation, so this is probably born of frustration. I'll still hope that a bunch of the info gets declassified, and we can make our own judgement accordingly...but then we still have to trust that the FBI is being totally straight.
Quote Reply

Prev Next