Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My daughter could have taken a US university athletic scholarship but we decided against that. She will still do her sport but on her terms.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I absolutely guarantee that these, and I am going to choose my words very carefully, cunts will create a narrative in their own minds explaining away their own inaction and indifference

What amazes me about this and the harvey weinstein thing is the number of people who either knew, participated or enabled just shit behaviour

Broadly speaking I was taught by my parents to be honest and polite. That included not sexually assaulting people I think. I say I think because they never specifically spelt that out unlike "don't steal" but I guessed they meant it

It's just not a huge fucking stretch to not just grope women or anyone else for that matter unless invited.............its just not that difficult. I did not need #metoo to figure out i should not grab random hot women uninvited ffs

But these cunts either did it themselves or knew someone who did and just said "oh, that's just harvey / Nasser being harvey / Nasser"

This gymnastics thing has really wound me up because you know that they will all have turned in to revisionist / apologists but in fact they were just jobsworth cunts all along. and were A person to touch my kids and someone else knew about it. Once I'd sorted out one lot. I'd move on to the next...............(or my romanian friends might. They are a little less forgiving than me........)

Apologies for the language.
Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is being reported the Michael Caine will play the role of Lou Anna Simon in the movie adaptation.

Quote | Reply
What a horror story no parent wants to live thru nor see their daughter suffer thru?

We went thru this and it's one of the reasons I'm still doing contract work for the govt as we burned thru virtually all our savings trying to keep our daughter alive. Drugged and raped at a college party; months later a very valid suicide attempt and angry when she woke up alive in the ER. God DAMN.

tears streaming down my face as i type this. GOD DAMN

well she is back up finally and engaged in life. Just married her off to a young man that really loves her. A couple of years ago i would not have thought this possible as we were struggling just to keep her alive. But what a world of pain and recrimination.

Dude perpetrating the crime is still in prison but will be out in a few years--thinking on that

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I absolutely guarantee that these, and I am going to choose my words very carefully, cunts will create a narrative in their own minds explaining away their own inaction and indifference

What amazes me about this and the harvey weinstein thing is the number of people who either knew, participated or enabled just shit behaviour

Broadly speaking I was taught by my parents to be honest and polite. That included not sexually assaulting people I think. I say I think because they never specifically spelt that out unlike "don't steal" but I guessed they meant it

It's just not a huge fucking stretch to not just grope women or anyone else for that matter unless invited.............its just not that difficult. I did not need #metoo to figure out i should not grab random hot women uninvited ffs

But these cunts either did it themselves or knew someone who did and just said "oh, that's just harvey / Nasser being harvey / Nasser"

This gymnastics thing has really wound me up because you know that they will all have turned in to revisionist / apologists but in fact they were just jobsworth cunts all along. and were A person to touch my kids and someone else knew about it. Once I'd sorted out one lot. I'd move on to the next...............(or my romanian friends might. They are a little less forgiving than me........)

Apologies for the language.

If I had a daughter and she experienced special treatment at the hands of Nassar, he'd be a dead man, no ifs and or buts. I'd arrange for a prison hit if I had to, and those are easy enough to get handled, and for not a lot of money, to be honest.

The others involved in this? Kathy Klages, the former woman's gymnastics coach who quietly retired last February? I'd make sure she was sued for every penny she has and that she was hounded mercilessly until the day she died, including by the criminal justice system. Mark Hollis? Civil suit, at minimum, hopefully for negligence. If possible, criminal negligence charges, if they can be supported by evidence. Lou Anna Simon? Same treatment as Klages.

Then there's USA Gymnastics. I hear that the United States Olympic Committee is demanding that ALL members of the USAG board resign by February. I hope it doesn't stop there with that governing body, though.

The same goes for the Karolyis, Marta and Bela, and the Karolyi ranch group. And simply closing the ranch isn't enough. Former US gymnast Dominque Moceanu has noted that the Karolyis knew what was happening with the female gymnasts at their ranch right down to the tiniest bit of food they ate and when they went to the bathroom, so it strains credulity that they had no idea what Nassar was up to. It's said that Marta Karolyi let Nassar run his own show there because he backed up her training regimen to the letter, including when it came to treating injuries (he mostly didn't, other than making a show of treating, because the Karolyis needed the girls and women in action and at competitions, not sidelined by injury recovery).

The US Olympic Committee also needs serious scrutiny about what they knew of the entire Nassar matter, along with USA Gymnastics.

Every single person who knew about Larry Nassar and his innovative "treatments" should lose their jobs, at minimum. And I'm not sure Michigan State University can be trusted whatsoever in this matter when it comes to any NCAA investigations. Perhaps a year or two of death penalty like status for the ENTIRE athletics program, at the Division 1 level (and that includes the men's football and basketball teams, which are the moneymakers at the university), would be appropriate, although I'm not sure the NCAA has the power or legal authority to extend things that far.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a brutal story, top of the list of parents worst nightmares. Dude probably doesn't realize that prison saved his life at the time, what has time done for your rage since then? Really glad to hear she is doing well now, human beings are resilient creatures sometimes, but they do need help sometimes to realize that feature.

Really sorry for all you went through, glad you came out of it too. Whole different story when it is just on the evening news talking about people you have no real connection to, as opposed to being the "one" on the news. I hope I never even come close to this type of thing, but with 3 kids odds are at some point I will deal with a "real" situation before they are all married off and living their own lives..
Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
What a horror story no parent wants to live thru nor see their daughter suffer thru?

We went thru this and it's one of the reasons I'm still doing contract work for the govt as we burned thru virtually all our savings trying to keep our daughter alive. Drugged and raped at a college party; months later a very valid suicide attempt and angry when she woke up alive in the ER. God DAMN.

well she is back up finally and engaged in life. Just married her off to a young man that really loves her. A couple of years ago i would not have thought this possible as we were struggling just to keep her alive. But what a world of pain and recrimination.

Dude perpetrating the crime is still in prison but will be out in a few years--thinking on that

No fucking way!

Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've made a obvious decision to be public here on this board. Nothing further to say on this particular matter

My heart breaks; it aches; I am in pain for the parents of these girls and even more so for them. These things tear me up. I never thought of myself as a pussy but i've never cried so much. It's just terrible

GOD DAMN

there is a lot of evil in this world. sometimes it comes into your life and that really sucks

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

This is horrible. Those of us that have daughters shudder when we hear these kind of stories especially because it could happen to anybody's daughter. Glad to hear she is getting on with her life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that and am glad your daughter is on a better path.

As my father once said, and he was career army, there's nothing a Claymore can't solve. If I were in your shoes I'd know which way to point it. Grrrrlll.

Steve Hawley wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you CG

growing up as a Army brat our daughter has a lot of 'Uncles.' So there is no lack of support or offers to help

I watch this ongoing horror story and it is just so painful--sorry if i've derailed the thread to our own little horror story. It is all so painful.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just getting teary eyed reading about it. Sending daughter off to Uni this year. Sorry you had to go through that.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
thank you CG

growing up as a Army brat our daughter has a lot of 'Uncles.' So there is no lack of support or offers to help

I watch this ongoing horror story and it is just so painful--sorry if i've derailed the thread to our own little horror story. It is all so painful.

I don't even know what to say to you, Steve, that would assuage your and your daughter's pain. Words are inadequate to the task, and anything else I say as far as making that guy pay for what he did would sound insincere and phony.

Just know that you and your family are in the prayers of me and my wife forevermore, and if there's ANYTHING I can do to help a brother in arms and fellow officer, just let me know.

Is there any GoFundMe or similar page you've set up to help your daughter make her way through this? Let me know.

I'm so very, very sorry for what your daughter and you and your family have gone through, and will continue to go through. "GOD DAMN" is right.

Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's exactly why MSU can't be trusted when it comes to any aspect of this matter and the future investigations to come:

MSU hid details of Title IX report from Nassar victim

"A Michigan State University Title IX investigator withheld key findings of a report on a 2014 sexual harassment complaint against Larry Nassar, providing less information to the victim in the case.

Kristine M. Moore, now MSU’s assistant general counsel, authored the dual reports, obtained by The Detroit News on Friday. In the one given to the victim, Moore cleared Nassar of sexual harassment. In the other report, which was sent to MSU and marked confidential, Moore also cleared Nassar but warned of his liability to the university."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's all about the money. It's always about the money. So follow the money and you'll find the crimes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two daughters, have already dealt with one of these moments in 8th grade. Can you imagine a fucking 8th grader dealing with this fucking shit. God speed to your daughter and all these wonderful young women who find themselves in such situations. Way, way to common and far too accepted. I see it in her still (now a junior in HS, older one is a freshman in college). She’s very solid until there’s a remote chance she’s in a situation where something could happen.

Almost as hard on me as it has been for her.

There’s a special place in hell for these demons AND their enablers. All of them.

I’m sorry for you and your daughter. Very sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tony

I've got a good gig working for JSOC and its helped us out of the $$ hole we got into spending on hospital stays, counseling, medication. airline tickets, apartments, ER costs etc etc. When your little girl's life is on the line you do what you gotta do.

In some ways i think we are blessed. Think of the parent whose daughter is taken by a drunk diver? murdered? At least we got to fight to save our girl and get her back---as long and as painful as that was. At least we have that.

I watch these news broadcasts about this gymnastic team doctor and see how in some cases the parents were even in the room as he sexually abused them!! The mind boggles at the level of pain and guilt these parents must feel??

GOD DAMN

i am on a yearly Bible reading study and i pray hard about stuff like this. Why such evil is allowed to exist?

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh brother. 8th grade. God Bless you, Comfort you and Keep you and your girl

i am so sorry for her and your family to have to have undergone this trial

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing happened to the boy. Why? Because in CA the law doesn’t believe a 14 yr old kid is mature enough to be charged with sexual assault. I told my daughter I’m pulling her from the school (was a classmate). She refused. She said she’d stick it out and not let him go a day without having to see her. She’s shake and cry at night but went to school with a smile. Eventually all the kids heard what happened to her and she wouldn’t address it. She would just say she’s not comfortable discussing it. I did confront the dad - not my proudest moment but to his credit he was mortified, didn’t deny it at all, and was in tears for my daughter. Wasn’t his fault but still.

But for all the courage I still see it under her every day, fear, shame, blame, emotion. It’s absolutemy amazing to me the lasting effect on these girls. These girls are far stronger than we are. I really don’t think I could handle it happening again to either of them.

Your daughter is a tough soul.
Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you.

thank you

God Comfort and Bless you and your girl

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
thank you CG

You haven't derailed this at all but have driven it home on a more personal level. You can read all these kind of stories but until you hear it from someone you "know" (even if on an internet site) it doesn't phase you as much. It took courage to post what you did and we have to thank you for doing so. My daughter had some sort of an incident with a creep when she was young, not nearly as bad as with your daughter, but it still effected her a bit for awhile. I didn't even know about it until years later.
Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The other problem here is that medical care is dictated by athletic departments. There are massive conflicts of interest in this relationship and the NCAA only serves to enable schools at all levels to maintain this status quo to insulate athletics departments when events like this occur.

The NCAA could do itself a huge favor and allow care to be delivered by a medical unit on campus outside of athletics and stipe treating those that work there like coaches instead of the mandated reporters they are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the challenges of this case for all investigators, including MSU's, is that intra-pelvic manipulation for several forms of soft tissue injury is an accepted form of treatment. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC3492521/

I'm not saying that Nassar was innocent by any means. He has been convicted of using a legit medical procedure as cover for his personal fetish. What I wish to point out is that non-medical investigators would quickly uncover that there are accepted osteopathic treatments that involve vaginal penetration. That creates a smokescreen that might be difficult for the investigator to see through. Three other doctors at MSU all said the treatment was legit, however the skin-to-skin contact was not what they would do, but could help in identifying soft tissue damage. When I read the news report about two Title IX reports, one for the victim and one for the university, what the University's version is saying is Nassar was not adhering to accepted practices of patient informed consent and education before treatment. I found this article that predates the conviction that discusses the treatment from a female doctor who is trained in this procedure. http://www.casiedpt.com/...log/treatmentvsabuse This site does a good job showing the line between how this procedure can be performed if the patient is fully informed and consents, versus Nassar who uses it as a defense for his fetish.

There were warning signs and a lot of things that could have been done better at many, many levels. But there is also a lot of pitchforks and tar being made ready that I simply don't understand. I don't get how does Izzo and Dantonio intersect with the Nassar case, other than they are high-profile MSU coaches? Klages, Hollis, Stampel, Teachnor-Hauk, and Hadden are the ones who were in a position to know or should have known that Nassar had crossed the line. These are the folks who most likely knew something wasn't right and failed to respond. Simon and MSU Council Moore were incompetent, as Moore's Title IX conclusion was flawed and Simon should have instructed serious discipline or dismissal of Nassar based on the flawed report anyway. Moore likely felt her conclusion was correct because the treatment was a recognized one. This makes her incompetent, not necessarily actively covering something up. Simon has to take the fall because she is the head of the organization and is responsible for everything that organization did or failed to do.

If the pitchforks and tar are going to be used, well we need to include Attorney General Schuette and Governor-candidate Gretchen Whitmer also. Whitmer was the interim county prosecutor, where the Meridian township police report was sent. AG Schuette's camp pursued the pornography charges, but failed to pursue the other charges until much later, claiming the Nassar thing was too big already (I found this reference yesterday, and will edit this when I refind it). But I think we can safely say these two politicians will ride this crisis like they were heroes, when in fact they each missed an opportunity to stop this sooner than it was.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sucks. Glad you were able to be strong for your family and your little girl. From one old grunt to another, hang in there and keep the faith. Glad your little girl has been able to move forward.
Quote Reply
Re: This nightmare at MSU keeps getting worse if that's possible [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you have to punish the individuals, not the school. Hopefully, the current student body is not guilty and therefore they should not be punished.

But holding individuals responsible with an actual threat of jail time may make them think twice before they look the other way.
Quote Reply

Prev Next