Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [JD21] [ In reply to ]

I'd just like to remind everyone, Dan included, that is was Katy who initiated the personal attacks. Nobody else- Katy. Someone brought back a completely harmless joke from a decade ago, and Katy felt justified to respond with this:

Thankfully I didn't marry an asshole so this kind if lame, insecure male bullshit doesn't cause an issue in our household. Weak ass misogyny isn't funny.

Up until that point, the thread was appropriately lighthearted and jocular. It was Katy- someone who by her own admission rarely contributes anything at all, let alone anything valuable, to the forum these days.

Duffy most certainly did not react "rather strongly" to Katy in that thread. His responses to her where even-handed, civil, and incidentally, correct. The locked thread is still there, for God's sake. There's a record. People should maybe check it out, because if someone says Duffy attacked Katy in that thread, and anyone but Katy initiated the vitriolic attacks, they're either wrong or lying.

Duffy didn't get riled up until "someone" complained to Dan, and Dan slapped Duffy's hand over it. And Dan was in the wrong. He didn't act out of some kind of principled support for civil discourse. He acted in support of his buddy. That's all.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]

axlsix3 wrote:
I can't seem to find the post but Duffy (aka Omoplata, Chorizo Blanco, D'sGhost, Iron cross, SS88, Kilgore Trout, Nedrise, King Duffy!, TheReal Duffy, MidwestRoadie, 111333, Not Duffy, Dr. Duffy) once laid it out somewhere that he's just here to stir up shit and push the envelope.

That he did... That he did...

There were some folks in here though that figured out his button and once they pushed that Duffy's reaction is eerily similar to the man whose balls he's now caressing tenderly.

Well, he hates cyclists who ride down the middle of PCH...so I buy him a beer anytime...I'd just request that he'd leave other people's balls at home.

And he knew the envelope he was operating in and pushed it..
Having been there there I wouldn't waste a second thought about why somebody decided to dislike my posts/stance on some insignificant online platform.

It seems to be some badge of honor to get DE's or his little helpers goat.

After all, it is all just smoke and mirrors.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]

i may be completely wrong and I certainly didn't see anything in the thread that I thought was offensive - Katy's comment included. That was her view and while I don't agree with it I wasn't bothered by it. I thought the joke was funny and the comments were as well. I don't think Duffy should've been banned and I hope he comes back. That said, I was relaying my own opinion about the chain of events, not defending the actions. And I believe Katy didn't complain because I don't believe Dan would lie about that.

So, you disagree with my assessment, so be it. Hardly worth accusing me of lying about it.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [JD21] [ In reply to ]

And I believe Katy didn't complain because I don't believe Dan would lie about that.

Because Dan is usually so forthcoming and transparent about the circumstances surrounding a ban, right?

Hardly worth accusing me of lying about it.

Did I? I'm perfectly happy to assume you were just wrong. But it is not correct to say that Duffy reacted strongly to Katy's harsh words in that thread.

Look, Katy felt the need to inject herself into a thread and throw out invective about misogyny and assholes. She was wrong. And obnoxious. I don't have a problem with her being wrong or obnoxious, but when you pop off obnoxiously, you need to expect push back. Whoever it was who called her a humorless feminazi was merely responding to her in kind. Duffy's replies to her were not anywhere near that level.

I just want it on the record, because everyone seems to have bought into the revisionism that Duffy initiated some horrid personal attack on Katy. He didn't. It was Katy who introduced the incivility to the thread in the first place.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]

And that's not the thread that got him booted, and dan also stated that it want one particular instance that got the banned parties banned. so not sure what your point is.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly

In response to the original thread, and presumably after Duffy had been warned to tone it down, he wrote this:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._view_collapsed&

Whether that was directed at Katy or the mystery "complainer" is hardly relevant.
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Jan 9, 18 3:17

vitus979 wrote:
I'd just like to remind everyone, Dan included, that is was Katy who initiated the personal attacks. Nobody else- Katy. Someone brought back a completely harmless joke from a decade ago, and Katy felt justified to respond with this:

Thankfully I didn't marry an asshole so this kind if lame, insecure male bullshit doesn't cause an issue in our household. Weak ass misogyny isn't funny.

In a personal attack, there is usually a person who is attacked. Who is attacked in Katy's statement? The OP from a decade ago?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"

had a read of the original thread and agree - not sure how that is offense even for the hardcore 3rd wave feminazis....This world loves getting offended at fk all these days.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]

axlsix3 wrote:
I can't seem to find the post but Duffy (aka Omoplata, Chorizo Blanco, D'sGhost, Iron cross, SS88, Kilgore Trout, Nedrise, King Duffy!, TheReal Duffy, MidwestRoadie, 111333, Not Duffy, Dr. Duffy) once laid it out somewhere that he's just here to stir up shit and push the envelope.

That he did... That he did...

There were some folks in here though that figured out his button and once they pushed that Duffy's reaction is eerily similar to the man whose balls he's now caressing tenderly.

Yeah, he had a low tolerance for internet pain of a certain variety. Like I've said: it's Lieutenant Dan'shis world and he knew it as well as anyone else. In his case, it was one toke over the line too many, sweet Jesus. ;-)

And now he'll have to ply his shit shit-stirring, envelope-pushing trade elsewhere. I know his pain in that regard. Heh.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]

Kay Serrar wrote:
In response to the original thread, and presumably after Duffy had been warned to tone it down, he wrote this:

Whether that was directed at Katy or the mystery "complainer" is hardly relevant.

Does this mean you are going to stop pushing the narrative that he directly attacked Katy and now just say it’s not relevant.

Is it relevant that Katy’s language was as or more inflammatory than Duffy’s.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]

Is it relevant that Katy’s language was as or more inflammatory than Duffy’s?

Not really. We generally learn that such arguments are crap by the time we reach high school. Its a "but Clinton/Bush".

Favourite Swim Sets:

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]

JasoninHalifax wrote:

Is it relevant that Katy’s language was as or more inflammatory than Duffy’s?

Not really. We generally learn that such arguments are crap by the time we reach high school. Its a "but Clinton/Bush".

Fair enough. I don’t know think it’s relative either. Just trying to find out what is

Is it relevant that when someone like me presumed Katy was the person who complained to Dan I was met with righteous indignation. But it’s ok for Kay to presume Dan talked to/warned Duffy prior he o the ban.

I just see a lot of facts not in evidence in Kay’s positions lately both here and in her Russian collusion positions. Thought I would challenge them a bit

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]

According to Duffy's thread, "someone" talked to him via PM, which prompted Duff to post the rant. Not a big leap to say it was Dan, since Duffy was complaining about people who complain to the authorities (paraphrasing), but I don't know that for certain.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Jan 9, 18 5:13

JD21 wrote:
FWIW - here’s my sense of what happened:

There was a thread where Duffy was reacting rather strongly to Katy. A person or persons alerted Dan that the thread seemed to be getting out of hand. Dan privately warned Duffy to cool it and take a break having fielded a complaint(s) requiring time and attention.

Duffy reacted to the warning by starting another thread strongly complaining about people running to Dan.

Dan then issued the ban. I suppose Windy was in the same situation.

Dan chooses not to provide much about such matters but this my opinion of the events.

That's pretty much what I saw. Duffy didn't like to be told no.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]

JasoninHalifax wrote:
According to Duffy's thread, "someone" talked to him via PM, which prompted Duff to post the rant. Not a big leap to say it was Dan, since Duffy was complaining about people who complain to the authorities (paraphrasing), but I don't know that for certain.

I presumed it was Klehner who pmd him

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]

coates_hbk wrote:
had a read of the original thread and agree - not sure how that is offense even for the hardcore 3rd wave feminazis....This world loves getting offended at fk all these days.

Duffy took two in the head from Lieutenant Dan because of his body of work, not that particular OP, from what I understand.

For what it's worth, I didn't see the original harm in the initiator thread, the one with the joke in it, and I don't see the harm in either Katy's response or in Duffy's subsequent "mean" rejoinder, which some are saying he directed at her. But back in the day here plenty of us, including a couple of posters in this thread, hurled stuff at each other that was ten times worse than what finally led to the Duffmeister's execution and the LR police didn't rush in to tell us to calm it down, as far as I know. Certainly, no one told me to and I was a "Grade-A shit disturber" according to one of my Canadian friends here the other day.

I will say, though, that his starting up a second thread after the original thread was sandboxed seemed to me at that point as if Duffy was just asking to be sanctioned. Which he of course was. Maybe he decided to go out in a "charge of the Light Brigade" blaze of glory? It's as good a reason as any for why he did what he did.

Last edited by: big kahuna: Jan 9, 18 5:25

ironmayb wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Does this mean you are going to stop pushing the narrative that he directly attacked Katy and now just say it’s not relevant.

You think Katy's language was as or more inflammatory than Duffy's? Really?

Duffy wrote his follow up thread before Dan had publicly denied it was Katy who complained to him. Therefore it's likely he believed it was Katy who complained. I'm happy to concede that it may not have been Katy that Duffy was directing his follow up comments towards (if Dan had told him privately it wasn't her who complained), but Duffy still called a real person a weak minded, sniveling, damaged waste of space. You may be ok with that, but Dan clearly isn't.

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]

Kay Serrar wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Duffy wrote his follow up thread before Dan had publicly denied it was Katy who complained to him. Therefore it's likely he believed it was Katy who complained. I'm happy to concede that it may not have been Katy that Duffy was directing his follow up comments towards (if Dan had told him privately it wasn't her who complained), but Duffy still called a real person a weak minded, sniveling, damaged waste of space. You may be ok with that, but Dan clearly isn't.

Are those the worst things you seen a “real person” be called in this forum?

Yes I think words like asshole and bullshit are more inflammatory

Trust me I get that Dan is ok with some things and some users and not others

ironmayb wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Except one was a general comment and one was directed at a person.

ironmayb wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

I think most of us old-timers here would have looked at that appellation as a badge of honor and would have given the statement all the attention it was worth -- about 2 milliseconds worth -- and just moved on or replied back in kind. The "body of work" thing I understand. But this particular rejoinder from the White House Director for Trump Ball Washing? Not seeing its particular vileness.

Jeez, but folks used to be made of sterner stuff when I was growing up and in my younger years. SMH.

BTW in that same thread iron mike directly called Duffy specifically a coward for being unwilling to be more specific about what “real person” he was referring to

Where does calling someone directly a coward fall on your outrage scale in the context of the LR

ironmayb wrote:
BTW in that same thread iron mike directly called Duffy specifically a coward for being unwilling to be more specific about what “real person” he was referring to

Where does calling someone directly a coward fall on your outrage scale in the context of the LR

I'd say about 2.6, though possibly as high as 3.1

Duffy's ban is getting more scrutiny than the Zapruder film. I can't wait for the Oliver Stone movie.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [sphere] [ In reply to ]

sphere wrote:
Duffy's ban is getting more scrutiny than the Zapruder film. I can't wait for the Oliver Stone movie.

Hahahahahahaha! I was starting to think the same thing. ;-) But it's an interesting thread and it's almost like we're all standing around Duffy's corpse in sick fascination, ruminating endlessly over how he managed to become roadkill so quickly. Soon, it'll be Sharks vs. Jets all over again as a result. LOL!

Re: Been tied up in a deposition most of the day - so ... who's been banned? [sphere] [ In reply to ]

I thought post 54 by Duffy in the locked "the mens" thread was part of the ban. When you can see a womans vulva in a posted picture combined with guns I thought that was over the top out of line.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Prev Next